2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noah Grover, QB, Slippery Rock
- Name: Noah Grover
- Position: QB
- College: Slippery Rock University
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: @noahgrover13
- Instagram: @noahgrover13
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- I can make the throws and I can make the reads. But my top qualities lie within my intangibles. The poise that I have through adversity with faith. The fluidity I have within reading and reacting to scenarios within a game. The respect I earn from the team through my servant leadership. The way that I bring the best out of everyone around me through my tenacity. My care to leave my heart there for my team through the love I have for the game, my teammates, and for God.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started playing when I was 8 years old. But I really fell in love with the sport and everything that came with it once I got to high school and spent hours upon hours with the team. I loved the work and the brotherhood that came with it.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I feel that it is rare to find a player that embodies everything that is needed from a quarterback. It is the most important position in all of sports for a reason. I feel that I check all the boxes and some.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- A cause that has been on my mind lately is the Tim Tebow Foundation that is driven through faith, hope, and a love of people and God. This foundation has been large in many different areas of life such as a fight on human trafficking, adoption aid, orphan care, physical/mental/spiritual care, etc.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best leaders just need to do one thing. Care.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My dad was always the person I looked to when it came to how I should act in this life. He has always been a work horse and always stuck true to care for those around him. He also showed me the utmost support through his sacrifice for me to continue striving for my dreams.
- Kurt Warner. When I was a kid he played for my hometown team (Cardinals) growing up but the more I learned about his path, the more respect that I gained for him. I aspired to learn from his life and fight head on through adversity and continue driven by faith.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Nick Stazer
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People that do not care enough.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I would say my life while I was playing juco ball living with my grandma after my grandfather had passed is one of the many moments that I felt I had faced adversity in my life. It was a time of a lot of brokenness mended by a lot of faith and hope.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Slippery Rock immediately welcomed me into their family. A real football family where you could lean on your brother and your brother could lean on you. A culture built on a Relentless approach that required discipline, conviction, _____ and to be unbreakable. There were a lot of vulnerable moments with this team that built countless lifelong bonds. It was home.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Anything with peanut butter
What is the best part of football?
- The Brotherhood
If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
- There is a difference between someone who can throw a football, and someone who can play quarterback.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would it be?
- Drew Brees
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Tim Tebow (faith football and life outside of football)
- Kurt Warner