Last year, HBCU football was at the spark of the conversation, with only 4 players drafted. Players like James Houston and Decobie Durant were potential prospects, but their team and The NFL expectations were slim to no impact this year.
But as the year came upon us and now we’re heading into the divisional playoff round where Former Fayetteville State graduate Joshua Williams is hanging on and contributing with the Kansas City Chiefs. But the biggest spark was Mr. JAMES HOUSTON, “AKA” THE PROBLEM, who just dominated the NFL after playing games with 8 sacks for the 2022-2023 season.
I believe this year, there will be a ruffle of 6-8 HBCU players drafted. If teams open up, yes there could be potentially 6-8 drafted in all 7 rounds.
Pittman’s Pocket and NFLDRAFTDIAMONDS we have displayed 10 Potential 2023 NFL drafties:
- Jadakis Bonds Hampton Wide Receiver
- Aubrey Miller Jackson State Linebacker
- Nelson Jordan Alabama State D Linemen
- Isaiah Land FAMU Pass Rusher
- Keenan Isaac Alabama State Cornerback
- CJ Bolar Alcorn State Wide Receiver
- Mark Evans UAPB Offensive line
- Cameron Covin FAMU Offensive line
- Brandon Gaddy Alabama State D line
- Xavier Smith FAMU Wide Receiver
There are many others that could make an immediate impact as well. Guys like Shaq Davis from South Carolina State, Joshua Pryor from Bowie State, and Andrew Farmer from Lane to add a few more.