- Name: Nate Edwards
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 225lbs
- Position: Linebacker
- College: McMaster University
- Twitter: @Natedwards71
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Bread Bar, best pizza in town
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My ability to make impact plays at crucial points in the game
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Buy my parents a cottage up North to retire at, start using the money to start a business
What has been your biggest failure?
• Not being able to make it to the Vanier, I wanted it more for everyone else than myself and wish I could have done that much more to get us there
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being a leader while still being approachable and treating all of my teammates as equals
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Noah Hallett, a machine on and off the field
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Nate Dawg or Ned-wards
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My Degree is in Commerce, and my dream job would be as a real-estate investor, flipping houses and running rental properties with my Dad
What is your coolest life moment?
• Winning the Yates Cup this past year with all my guys, went through a lot over the years as a team and finally got on top of that mountain together
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Don’t stop Believin’ by Journey is an absolute classic to sing along to
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Channing Tatum
Who is your favorite football team?
• Baltimore Ravens, I’m a huge Ray Lewis Fan
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning, this product may inflict pain if agitated
What is your biggest fear?
• Not being successful or accomplishing my goals, the future is something I never stop thinking about
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cole Beasley – guy has the heart of a lion
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Wake up early have some Pedialyte, make some eggs and bacon, head to the field for about 3h before game time, relax in the locker room and watch old Mac Vanier highlights, do a little yoga and stretch on the center field logo about an hour before warm-ups, come in and get my gear on for warmups, warm-up as a team, then listen to sandstorm on repeat before coach gives the pregame speech, run out on the field and then the fun begins
Do you have any hobbies?
• I love to play golf and enjoy outdoor activities like hikes and campfires
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• K.J Wright, I think the way he reads plays and comedowns hill is how I try to play
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Coach Brady our defensive co-ordinator has had the biggest impact on my life, he has taught me so many valuable life lessons that I can apply to both life and football and he completely changed the way I approach every week for the better.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My fear of failure is always looking over my shoulder and whispering in my ear to keep me pushing forward, also I never want to let my teammates down, I want to be the best version of myself on the field that I can be to help us succeed as a team