NFL DraftProspect Interviews
2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aqeel Glass, QB, Alabama A&M University
- Name: Aqeel Glass
- College: Alabama A&M University
- Height: 6′ 5″
- Weight: 227 lbs
1.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- It would have to be having to fight for the starting spot after my freshman year of college we got a new coaching staff and I had to prove myself again to this new staff all over again.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- In the weight room it would have to be squats each rep is like a mental test you squat deep down and you have to push back up it’s kind of like a metaphor for life.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- I try and never get too high and never get too low I try to stay even and focus on executing 1 play at a time try not to look ahead or look back just stay in that play.
4.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- It would have to be all the trips we take as a team on away games those bus and plane rides are awesome especially on the way home after a win.
5.What is your favorite St.Louis restaurant?
- That’s a hard one there are so many good places I would have to say either sugar fire or the best steakhouse. And of course the classic imos.
6.How has your experience as a Alabama A&M Bulldogs football player has been?
- It’s been great Alabama A&M is a great institution every staff member in the football and academic enhancement centers are focused on not only bettering you as a player but as a student citizen and man as well so overall I’ve had a great experience while at A&M.
7.What do you do for fun?
- I play video games some I’m a 2k and madden type of guy, I’ll go to state parks with my girlfriend or teammates depending on where I’m at at the time and besides that I enjoy restoring sneakers.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My dad was coaching little league while I was younger so I was always around it I always went to practices with him so when I turned 6 I was finally old enough to play and I’ve lived it every since.
9.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- I would call it The rollercoaster because my life has had many ups and downs throughout it.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would be getting a hardworking leader who is never satisfied I’m always looking for a way to get better and always expects nothing less than the best from himself and all his teammates.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It would have to be Peyton Manning I would love to pick his brain on how he prepares and how he was able to play at such a high level for so long.
12. What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- First I want to secure a roster spot and from there I want to come for a starting spot and once I do that become one of the greats and show that no matter what school you come from you can make your dreams reality. I also want to start a foundation to help young student-athletes and educate them on opportunities that come from playing football at a high level.