Name: Malik Webb
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 192
• Position: CB
• College: University of Nebraska at Kearney
• Twitter: Itsjust_clutch
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• A small town in North Carolina called Plymouth a lot to say about but it’s interesting. I love most how sports keeps everyone together no matter what that what made me fall in love with football.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, Practice, Strength, and conditioning. I say film first because you gotta know your opponent in and out what from they favorite play to their favorite playmaker in all aspects of the game special teams, offense and defense
Practice second because it makes you better. That’s where you improve and learn from your mistakes. Third strength and conditioning because you need to have that physical shape to help deal with some of the punishment I put out lol
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my well being mostly and if I’m going to get that chance to show I being in the league, you know you always got folks telling you this and that about yourself but I like actions over words I wanna prove I belong.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I don’t think anything in my life struck me as a failure, it taught me lessons nothing bad was a failure to me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• To my teammates, my best quality is I like to compete it’s always competition with me. When I’m on the field they see the real me.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Who is the best player you have ever played against in college? Ahh it was in Juco it was Darrius he was the running back for some program, and I didn’t know him at the time but as much as I hate to admit it he ran all over us lol and it’s because he became my teammate out here in Kearney my senior year.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, then desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Three strangers, it might sound weird but saving three lives is better than one.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Definitely Denzel Washington, most of the movies are iconic it inspires that’s what I strive to do
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I was little me and my siblings and mom separated, I went to grandma house because she was the only one that would let me stay with her lol I was bad. My brother and sister got to stay with my aunt so it was hard for me. And where my Grandma stayed it wasn’t that good of a neighborhood helped me learn quickly and that’s where I picked up my first football. I overcame it with football.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Haha, middle school, I was walking to put my trey up and I slip and fell and like the open milk fell all on me in front of everybody. I didn’t go to school for 2 days after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 39 yard PICK 6 and I taunted the QB on my way into the end zone
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Calling my spirt by Kodak
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Patience, I think that’s why I’m great at CB I don’t panic at the line or when the ball is in the air I trust my body and my instincts
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, and to tell her I’m finally finding peace. That’s all she ever wanted for me
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• haha it would be basic Webb’s nightclub
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Philip Landsey, I feel like people think he’s a one hit wonder
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, never really cared for being popular
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman mans a monster on the field just hate how some girls don’t like when athletes don’t find them attractive or like there attitudes so they try to ruin athletes lives.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, especially when I know got the right tools
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My grandma and football I never had people I could look up too I just knew who I didn’t want to be like. and my grandma always told me to express it through football. She made sure I was never hungry and anything I ask for she would try and get it no questions