• Name:Rodney Morris II
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 230
• Position: Linebacker/Special Teams
• College: Troy University/University of West Georgia
• Twitter: @R0DNEYM0RRIS
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Riverdale, Georgia. It’s a small city about 15 minutes south of Atlanta. What I love most about my hometown is that it’s a city of opportunity, the city symbolizes hard work and grit there’s not much to do but it’s close enough to Atlanta to where if you want you can find/do whatever you want, but if you chose the wrong path you can fall by the wayside because a lot of people don’t make it out. The city can either make you or break you. And it made me who I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study,Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would have to say strength and conditioning is first on the list because to be able to perform at the highest level and do the things you need your body to do on the field you have to be in the best condition.
Next I would have to say film study because being knowledgeable of the little you need to do or correct is key in being successful in this game.As well as studying your opponents to know their strengths and weaknesses making sure that you are detailed in all of your assignments.
Last I would have to put practice because this is the easy part.This is where we get to go out and do what we love putting everything we’veworked on and studied into play.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to do too much worry, I let God handle it. Hewon’t place more on me than I can handle.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did youreact and how did you overcome failure?
• My 7th grade year I tried out for Quarterback and I didn’t get the position. I was mad at first but the summer after that season I worked my butt off and became the starting Quarterback my 8th grade year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Just being a consistent guy. Being guy they know they can count on every time on and off the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Desmond Harrison
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would being preparing myself for the NBA draft
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’m going to clean my desk first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangersor one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Would definitely be one Family member, because I’m very family oriented and family means everything to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would yoube and why?
• I would be Marty McFly from Back to The Future because I’ve-always thought it would be cool to time travel and I always wondered what it would be like to ride in Doc’s Delorean.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealtwith or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life was me being told I was ineligible my senior year and couldn’t participate in any athletics or allteams would be disqualified. I lost all of my recruiting interest and had no scholarship opportunities coming out of high school. I made a vow to myself that I wouldn’t let that stop me and that I would one day earn a college scholarship, which I did and I would be a key factor to a team and I was. Thank God for every door he opened for me along the way.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• No Days Off – Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have is the ability to-learn and catch on quick.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, whowould it be and why?
• One of my best friends from childhood Anthony Cherosnoski. Because he was such a vibrant person who’s life was taken too soon! He always Kept a smile on his face and everybody around him. He was easily one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen touch the field and I would love to see where he would be right now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The 50 yard line
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kwon Alexander
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected of course because when someone respects you they know how to deal with they understand what you will or will not tolerate.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do youfeel for the most and why?
• It would have to be Michael Vick, because he’s is the one player in my era that EVERYONE looked up to and wanted to be like and he was onthe way to a long successful career in the league but one wrong decision shattered his whole career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Definitely hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- First an foremost God, because without him I wouldn’t be here today. I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in to do this interview or be preparing my self for the NFL draft. And second of all my family because they have all poured so much into me and my goals and helping me achieve them. And I will forever be in debt with them for that! I love them dearly!