2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Michael Scott, DE, University of South Dakota
- Name: Michael Scott
- Position: Edge/LB
- College: University of South Dakota
- Height: 6’02
- Weight: 245
- Twitter: Mike_5scott
- Instagram: Mike_5scott
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- I have a depth of experience, my versatility and ability to do multiple jobs on defense makes me very valuable. I can play on the LOS stout in the run, play off the ball or play out apex.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I been playing football since I was 6 years old growing up in Tallahassee Florida and ever since then I have been in love with the game.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I am a very smart football player with a high iq for football and the ability to learn fast. I don’t know it all by any means but I am capable of learning and applying schemes and techniques. I also am just a ball player with a willingness to do whatever job is asked of me.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to feeding America to help feed the people in our country who are struggling with food insecurity.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- To be driven by the process and not the product. So give your all in the process so you can love with any result you get.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My dad is my child hood hero, showed me what a successful family man looks like.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- We have RB Travis thies who might be one of the hardest runners I’ve ever seen, he plays with a relentless motor and refuses to go down on first contact.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Inconsistent people regardless of the area of life.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I went to junior college at Iowa Western and that was tough moment in my life to be fighting to find a way out. But it taught me a lot about the grit and resilience that it takes to achieve the goals you have for yourself.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- South Dakota took a chance on me my last year as a grad transfer, they gave me a chance to put so much diversity on film and my Rush LB coach CJ Robbins really believed in me and improved my game. And I will always be grateful for that.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Cheez it’s
What is the best part of football?
- The competition, no other sport can you really impose your will on another man.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m willing to do whatever is required for success.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I wouldn’t compare my game to anyone, I just am working to make my strengths stronger while eliminating my weakness to be the best player I can be.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would have dinner with my grandad, Martin Luther King Jr., and Muhammad Ali. I would want to see my grandad again because he was a major influence in my life as a kid, and I’d wanna meet Dr. King and Muhammad Ali to learn Knowledge and figure out what made them so confident and brave throughout their personal life journeys.