Biblical Mock Draft: Who would be the first pick in the NFL Draft from the Bible?
This all started when Brandon Parker a small school standout for the Raiders posted this tweet and let’s face it, it is Sunday and a week away from the NFL Draft. We take a deep dive into the Biblical Mock Draft and explain why each team should take who they take!
1) Jacksonville Jaguars – Jesus Christ – Jesus goes number 1 overall. The Jaguars need a ton of miracles and let’s face it, Jesus was a Miracle Worker. We know they select guys with long hair after they selected Trevor Lawrence last year, and with Christ’s ability to turn things around, the Jaguars will become Super Bowl favorites after selecting the Waymaker first overall.
2) Detroit Lions – Paul – The Detroit Lions want mean and tenacious players. Their head coach wanted people that will bite off the kneecaps of their opponents. Well, Paul participated in the persecution of early disciples of Jesus and was a cold killer. He turned out to be a very reliable follower and can help the Lions get a big-time win.
3) Houston Texans – King David – The Texans need a leader who is not afraid of anyone. They have some talent in their division with the Colts landing Matt Ryan and the Jaguars taking Jesus, so they select David who is fearless. He is not perfect and has made some major mistakes but he has a heart for Jesus so he ends up being a great selection.
4) New York Jets – Moses – Robert Saleh and the Jets land a man that separated the Sea, and slipped to four because he struggled with speaking. Aaron his oldest brother was his spokesperson, but when it comes to all-around talent and ability to make things happen, Moses could end up being the steal of the draft.
5) New York Giants – Goliath – The Giants are trying to get bigger up front and they take the massive evildoer who can play both offense and defense. He will clog the lanes and make it difficult to play against. I mean the height advantage makes him a super pick at 5.
6) Carolina Panthers – Lazarus – If anyone needs a player to return from the dead it is the Panthers. I mean he was dead for days and revived by Jesus. The Panthers could us a revival in Carolina. They have been struggling for years and if Lazarus can revive them at the quarterback position, Matt Rhule may be able to keep his job.
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) – Samson – The New York Giants want to get bigger and stronger according to GM Joe Schoen and they did this in the first draft. Adding Samson at linebacker, the only thing that can stop him is if you cut his hair. The Giants will have to keep the females away from him so he does not give up his secret!
8) Atlanta Falcons – Job – Falcons take a sleeper in the top 10. One of my favorite from the Bible. Job lost everything, much like the Falcons. He would have even lost the game to the Patriots, but the one good thing about Job is he keeps his faith and was blessed ten fold. The Falcons could use a blessing right about now.
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) – John The Baptist – The Seahawks need veteran leadership after losing both Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson. John The Baptist is revered as a major religious figure, and can give the young players someone to look up to moving forward.
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) – Mary – The Jets could also use a miracle and there is no bigger miracle in the history of life than Jesus being conceived through the Holy Spirit while still a virgin. New York leads all media attention, but Mary is able to handle it. She is tough and faithful.
11) Washington Commanders – Abraham – With a rich history, the Commanders need a veteran presence as well. He is well known in all the draft circles and is always making the right choices. He has a way of producing leaders, and overall the Commanders need a leader because their Owner definitely is not one.
12) Minnesota Vikings – John the Apostle – John the Apostle is a knowledgeable disciple, and has age on his side. He was the youngest disciple. Many believe he outlived all the other disciples. The Vikings could use some younger players who is great at illustrating a play. The Vikings hit a home run with the 12th overall pick, he could have easily been a top 10 pick.
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns) – Matthew – Matthew is a faithful person and right now the Texans fan base deserve a player who will put their team first. Matthew was willing to leave his business to follow Jesus, and he will continue to help put the Texans on the map and ultimately win a Championship.
14) Baltimore Ravens – Adam – The Ravens take man given the biggest task in the bible. Even though he fell short, he was created to be the first. The Ravens are always looking for their type of player and although Adam struggles to follow directions, he was the chosen one when you really think about it.
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins) – Joseph – The Eagles need a man who understands faith. Joseph’s father loved him more than any of the others and gave him a colored cloak. His brothers were jealous of him and sold him into slavery. He would eventually become a leader and that is what the Eagles need more than even right now.
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles) – Noah – The Saints were thinking of taking Saint James here but they decide to take the man who listened. Noah built the Arc so mankind could survive the flood. The Saints right now have many question marks but taking a wise man is smart move for the Saints.
17) Los Angeles Chargers – Joshua – The Chargers select a very highly touted player in Joshua. Joshua won his greatest and most celebrated victory by taking Jericho after his army blew down the city’s walls with their trumpets. Joshua was a spy and with Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack up front, Joshua at the linebacker positions is amazing to spy out the play.
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints) – Peter – The Eagles land a bold player who is willing to defend his teammates at any time. Peter was a fisher who turned into a great fisher of men. The Eagles land a vocal player on and off the field, who has bold qualities.
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles) – Solomon – The Saints take a wise man. Solomon is portrayed as great in wisdom, wealth and power beyond either any of the other previous leaders. The son of David turns out to be a great draft pick for the Saints with Pro Bowl potential.
20) Pittsburgh Steelers – Saul – The Steelers find a true leader. Saul was chosen by God himself to be the first king of Israel. Saul defeated many of the enemies of his country, including the Ammonites, Philistines, Moabites, and Amalekites. Saul ruled for 42 years, the Steelers like longevity and they continue it with Saul.
21) New England Patriots – Satan – Bill Belichick always finds a way to ruin the party. The Patriots select the bad guy. Yep, he was a huge factor in the Bible, and he still makes our lives miserable today.
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders) – Judas – The Packers figure they already have Aaron Rodgers so why not take Judas. Judas was the apostle who in the Gospel accounts betrayed Jesus. He betrayed Jesus under the guise of friendship, kind of like the contract negotiations when the quarterback gets paid a lot of money and the team trades their star wide receiver…..
23) Arizona Cardinals – Daniel – Daniel sees the remote future of the world and of Israel. He also can help with the future of the Cardinals and Kyler Murray. He is able to interept the dreams and thoughts, and maybe he can help the front office with Kyler Murray’s tactics off the field.
24) Dallas Cowboys – Arcangel Michael – America’s team lands an immortal player. Michael is immortal and possesses super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, sonic cry, flight, acidic blood, telepathy, and the power to speak to animals. He kind of sounds like Micah Parsons, add them on the same team and the Cowboys are tough.
25) Buffalo Bills – Gabriel the Angel – Gabriel was a messenger of God. He makes God’s message understandable to people and helps them to accept it with a pure heart. He helps the Bills understand what they need to win the Super Bowl for the first time ever!
26) Tennessee Titans – Esther – Esther is a young Jewish woman living in the Persian diaspora who finds favor with the king, becomes queen, and risks her life to save the Jewish people from destruction. King Henry lands his queen and will try to save the Titan people.
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Enoch – The text of the Book of Genesis says Enoch lived 365 years before he was taken by God. The text reads that Enoch “walked with God: and he was no more; for God took him” I mean he was alive entering the kingdom. Tom Brady will not retire, I mean it sounds similar at this point.
28) Green Bay Packers – Elijah – Hebrew prophet who ranks with Moses in saving the religion of Yahweh from being corrupted by the nature worship of Baal. Elijah’s name means “Yahweh is my God” and is spelled Elias in some versions of the Bible. Can Elijah help Aaron Rodgers and the Packers win?
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) – Jonah – Jonah symbolizes resurrection from death after three days and nights in the fish’s belly, which is also reflected in the death and resurrection of Jesus in some of the synoptic gospels. The Chiefs and Mahomes are not far away from another championship, they will resurrect with Jonah.
30) Kansas City Chiefs – Samuel – Chiefs land a religious hero in the history of Israel, represented in the Old Testament in every role of leadership open to a Jewish man of his day—seer, priest, judge, prophet, and military leader. The Chiefs stay put at 30 and land a sleeper.
31) Cincinnati Bengals – Mary Magdalene – Mary Magdalene was one of the witnesses of the Crucifixion and burial of Jesus and, famously, was the first person to see him after the Resurrection. She will help Joe Burrow and the Bengals get over their Super Bowl loss to the Rams.
32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams) – Barnabas – Barnabas was the man who took Paul under his wings when no one else wanted to trust Paul. This was because Paul was most known as the great persecutor of the Christian church when Barnabas met him. Barnabas is another fierce player for the Lions defense.
If you need prayer, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can add you to a prayer list. We love Jesus and thought this would be a fun exercise.