- Name: Jay Irvine
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 200
- Position: Cornerback/Nickelback
- College: Oregon State/Idaho state
- Twitter: jay_underrated1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Jacksonville, FL what I love most about my city is the support I get from the community.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study is important to understand your opponent and learn their tendencies to put myself in position to make plays.
- Strength and Conditioning is very important as well you need strength to be able to hold up a whole season. you need strength to Jam the receivers to be able to tackle running backs, take on offensive lineman also get off blocks as well. Conditioning is very important as well. To be able to play your technique the whole game. Also the mental aspect, to think every play about what your opponent could do and what technique I want to use.
- Practice is the most important aspect of the game the more you lock in. And prepare in understand your opponent, work on your technique all week build confidence to play your game. Saturday would become easy!
What do you worry about, and why?
- What I worry about is not making it. That’s the only thing I ever been scared about my whole life but I’m very motivated to achieving my goals.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say my best quality is leading by example. Not Much of a talker just do it with my play on the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Dante Pettis
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Realer estate agent
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would risk my life to try in save them all, That’s the kind of heart I have.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life was having two shoulder surgeries but still being able to play the game I love.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Getting my first sack against northern Illinois
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I’m a very physical corner I’m fast as well, I also understand my position.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My best friend Darryl Mack because he was a great football player that deserve to live his dream. He was fearless and work ethic was unmatched.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Main Event
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Chris Jones cornerback for Arizona cardinals
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected nobody cares about who likes you nowadays. you gotta show them you mean business.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Antonio brown. Because he is such a talented player I just pray he get his mental down for he can get another chance at the league in dominate.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win that’s what I’m in it for. I hate losing but I prepare so hard off the field, to prevent from losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My biggest influence in my live is my mother. Because how hard she works being a single parent, that’s what pushes me harder to give her a better life one day.