- Name: Nikolas Daniels
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 230
- Position: ILB
- College: Texas State University
- Twitter: Nik2_UpNext
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is League City. That’s where I went to high school at. I love the fact that it’s right out side of Houston. I can experience the city life without living there with all the traffic. It’s a pretty safe town, I can go to bed peacefully at night and not worry about anything happening to my family.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I feel like all 3 are important but if I had to rank them I would say practice is the most important. How you practice is a direct correlation in how you’re gonna play in the game in my opinion. Second I would choose strength and conditioning. I believe as a team and individually, the biggest improvements come during the off season. Film study is just as important as the rest but I would put it 3rd. Mental reps like watching film gives you advantage in the games because you get to learn tendencies and are able to put yourself in the best position.
What do you worry about, and why?
I try not worry about things but it’s hard. My biggest worry is not being able to provide for my family. I worry about failing, I have things in life that I want and need to get accomplished to put my family in a better position. For example sending my sister to college.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In middle school I was taking pre ap English, it was a hard class and I was not doing good like I hoped. I ended up failing the class and having to sit out of 2 football games my 7th grade year. I was hurt when the progress reports came out and I just sat and just cried in my locker. I started going to the teacher 1 on 1 and going to tutorials and finally got my grade and was able to play the rest of the season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is always keeping it real and being honest. Some people are scared to say things to their teammates for whatever reason. I try to be honest with not just my teammates but myself too and if something is wrong addressing the issue and not beating around the bush.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Deriq King (UofH)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Honestly I don’t even know, I love the game of football. I have my degree in finance, but if I couldn’t play football, I would say to be a college coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose the one family member, I love my family too much to pass up on saving them for 3 strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Thor, just how he’s the only one able to use his hammer and having his strength is cool to me. And how he can control lightning is live.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity is my skin color. Some people already have a idea of what they think about me before I even open my mouth. I dealt with it by taking my education seriously because I feel like knowledge is power. And working hard at everything I do.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I walking down these stairs to class and was staring at this girl and ended up missing a step and falling.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My true freshman year going into Arkansas stadium with like 70,000 people and getting a strip sack and recovering it.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I’m not afraid by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I feel like having the right mentality. Being mentally tough and not worrying about how tired you are or who’s lined up across from you. I feel like being a true competitor will help me at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, she died when I was about 6 or 7. I was young but I loved her and she loved me. I wish I could hug her one more time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Wavy City Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Shaq Thompson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I feel like people respect you for your character and how you are as a person. You can be liked just because how you dress or something else that doesn’t really matter.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick because I grew up watching him. The plays he made was unreal. I felt bad for him then and I do now because we all make mistakes in life, it’s how you learn and respond. And I feel like he responded well.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mom, just seeing her struggle but still able to provide for me and my siblings. Her being tired but never complaining or letting us know. She just puts her head down and goes to work, I wanna be the same way.