2020 NFL Draft Prospect: Sadiq Palmer, WR, UMass
- Name: Sadiq Palmer
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: UMass
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
● From a little town in New Jersey called Red Bank, very tight-knit city everyone knows each other and look out for each other.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
● 1. Practice
● 2. Film
● 3. Strength and conditioning What do you worry about, and why?
Getting my family out the situation we are in financially and was always a goal to retire my mom and aunt, and make way for my family.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
● I react to failure by challenging myself to a much harder goal than before to set out to successfully complete that goal, so if I am to fail again the new goal is set out to be much harder than the last which will help me surpass the original goal I have failed.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
● Hands, and work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
● Freshman year Quincy Wilson was a big strong corner
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
● 1. Desk
● 2. Room
● 3. Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
● One family member, because I am a very family orientated guy, and I have lost a lot of close relatives to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
● Batman, because he is human but yet very lethal just as myself. (Me = lethal on the field)
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
● My father dying, and I used it as motivation, kept pushing and using my family for mental support.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
● Jumping offsides on 3rd down in the South Carolina game, and getting chewed up for it because we didn’t get the first after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
● My first touchdown ever vs Mississippi St, My freshman year
What song best describes your work ethic?
● Ambition – Rick Ross
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at
● Hands, competitiveness, hard work
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
● My father, and because he was the backbone of my family. If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
● Joka World because Joka Face was a nickname we gave to my dad before he passed and he means a lot to me.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
● Mike Evans
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
● Respected, because I am big on respect and demand it.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
● Colin Kaepernick because he was one of the best QBs while playing, and lost his career trying to stand up for what he believes in.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
● Hate to lose more than anything, was always called a sore loser growing up, or had to keep playing until I was the winner.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
●Mother and Aunt because they came from literally nothing and made a way for us growing up, and are still leveling up as we speak both are nurses and working so hard each day. My brother, because he grew up misunderstood, had to fight a lot of battles that he prevailed, and now is a master degree student with a GPA of 4.0 which showed and gave me more motivation on making ANYTHING happen.