- Name: Marcellus Edwards
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 245
- Position: TE/ H-Back
- College: Emporia State University
- Twitter: @slideboog
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Little Rock, Arkansas. What I love about it is the sort of underdog feel it has to it so when people make it out like Darren Mcfadden or Joe Johnson they have more of a story to tell because it’s a city mostly known for crime and poverty.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and Conditioning because having to go kick out Defensive Ends and lead up on linebackers you have to be in top physical shape and when it matters in the 4th Quarter and your team needs a game-changing play I always look to be the person to make that play so being in shape is a top priority. 2. Practice because you knowing what you have on offense before every play without thinking twice about it you can play a step ahead of the defense. 3. Understanding the defenses scheme is still very important and just give you the advantage and allows you to play faster and more physical.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being successful simply just because that’s all I think about. No one has higher standards for me than me and I always expect myself to be successful at the things I do. So if I worry about anything it’s just not maximizing on my potential.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One thing I felt I failed at was not qualifying for college out of high school like I planned and missing out on my full recruitment process. I overcame by going JuCo and getting a full scholarship to a 4-year school like originally planned.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Athleticism & the ability adjust
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• J.J. Brania-Hopp
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Something with Music Production
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room it’s where you spend the most time
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. I couldn’t live without my mom if anything ever happened to her.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Fresh Prince, his life was never dull and he taught me a lot of life lessons at a young age just by watching his fictional mistakes.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my dad when I was 9 years old. I overcame it by continuing to work towards the things we talked about during our last conversation I had with him.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Dropping the game-winning touchdown in High School the first game of my senior year.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first sack in JuCo my freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• 100 Days 100 Nights x G Herbo
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My dad, just to talk to him from an adult perspective about him and his life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Spot
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stefon Diggs
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, it has more longevity people can stop liking you in a heartbeat but if they respect you they’ll always treat you a certain way when you’re around or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. Mental Health is very important to me and he was also one of the most dominant receivers in the league at that time so to watch his greatness fade so fast was sad to watch.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. I hate the idea of anyone being better than me at anything it keeps me up at night if I lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom. I want to make it to where she doesn’t have to work again because she has sacrificed so much for me to be where i am today and i want to do that to at least feel like I’m paying her back for all of her hard work over the years