• Name: Jalin Burrell
• Height: 6’0”
• Weight: 200lbs
• Position: CB/PR/KR
• College: University of New Mexico
• Twitter: @JalinBurrell
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Riverside, California which is apart of a greater group of cities called the Inland Empire (I.E.). What I love about it most is how talented and competitive everyone around the area was. It brought out the best in you with whatever you were doing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film study, strength, and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try to give my worries to God but if I do it tends to be things I shouldn’t worry about. Control what you can control.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Coming out of high school, I had some good looks to a few Division 1 Universities, but I let my grades get in the way. I ended up taking the JUCO route because of it, and it made me realize nothing is guaranteed. It helped shape me into the person I am today with an opportunity at the next level.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Michael Gallup
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• An astronomer or astronaut.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family members, I love my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Black Panther because that’s my spirit animal and he’s a different type of superhero.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being committed to Colorado out of JUCO and having to sit out a year after they dropped my offer. I focused on what is essential, stayed grounded and work even harder so I could prevent ever being in that position again.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was in 10th grade, I was trying to impress a girl and ended up crashing my friend’s motor scooter.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Taking a blocked FG back for a TD vs NMSU my junior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle – Don’t Take Days Off (RIP NIP)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My childhood football coach. He was my father figure my whole life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Hoping me when I get there.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, you don’t have to like anyone, but they all deserve respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel He was crazy talented and still is.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the most significant influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom. She’s been through hell and back opening doors to help my sister and me to succeed in life. She’s pushed me to be legendary, and I could never repay her for that.