NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jordan Barton, WR, Western State Colorado University
• Name: Jordan Barton
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 175
• Position: WR
• College: Western State Colorado University
• Twitter: MrJB_7
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in a small town in Louisiana but was raised in Houston for most of my life and lemme tell you there isn’t any city better t
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and conditioning 2. Film study 3.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not accomplishing my dreams, when you put 15+ years of blood, sweat, and tears into something there’s an unmatched passion that drives you for success.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed my drivers test my first time @ 16 because I couldn’t parallel park, then I practiced everyday for 2 weeks and finally passed on my second time around
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Route running and quickness
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyzir White when he played @ Lackawanna C.C and I was @ Nassau C.C
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football
• I would be involved in some type of humanitarian work in less developed countries
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car then desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• 3 strangers, I love my family to death but 3 lives have a chance to make a greater impact in society than one
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Killmonger- he wants to help the proletariat rise up and take power not just the bourgeoisie
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My 2 years @ Nassau C.C. Were rough, there were days when I wouldn’t eat anything and I’d still walk 2.5 miles one way to class and practice. Even slept in a McDonald’s booth for some time when I was homeless. I respect every JUCO player that makes unbelievable sacrifices just to keep on playing ball
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One week when we traveled to Adams state I forgot my cleats and my helmet and had to buy some new cleats and wear a helmet with an LB face mask
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My senior year against Adams state I recorded my first and only (1/1) collegiate pass attempt which also resulted in a TD
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Every season- Roddy Richh
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A willingness to overcome adversity no matter what it is
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Huey Newton, I’d like to speak to a true revolutionary if only for a moment
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?• Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Taysom Hill
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I’d rather be hated but respected than liked and disrespected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Jermichael Finley, you want every player to go out on
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose,
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom and steps dad, they’ve always been there to support me from the good days and the bad and I probably wouldn’t be we’re I’m at if it wasn’t for them