- Anthony Washington
- South Dakota State University
What is your name?
- Anthony Washington.
Where did you play College Football?
- At Laney College (Oakland, CA) and South Dakota State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9″ 184lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball when I was younger, and I ran track in high school. I have always had a distant love for soccer.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- The toughest player I have competed against in college was Malik Earl from Missouri State. I remember the first play going against him we rammed head and we both made a competitive laugh because I knew he watched film
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- My music before the game is mostly Kevin Gates, but I make sure I mix in “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t know if I will call it a superstition, but before each game, I make sure I talk to my mom and brother and I wear a shirt with both of their names on it because I know they are rooting for me.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my cousin Brandon Washington. He taught me a lot of life lessons and he led the way in each stage in my life. I know he will always have my back.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was all of the classes part of my major which is Sociology. I don’t necessarily have a least favorite class.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Outside of football my favorite experience while in college was meeting my teammates and having the honor to call them my brothers.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL teams were the Steelers and the Dolphins. I fell in love with the Steelers defense and I think it’s obvious why I like Miami. My favorite player back then was Troy Polamalu.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could be in a movie I will have to choose one of the Apes movies. I would play as Caesar or his lost brother that comes to save him.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My mom, my cousin, and Brent Grimes.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- If I could meet any historical figure I would choose LeBron James just to thank him for bringing hope and courage to the younger generation.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Batman because he is overlooked as being one of the best superheroes.
Would you agree that South Dakota University has the best mascot in sports, the Jackrabbit?
- Not to be bias or anything, but I would definitely agree that the Jackrabbit is the best mascot in sports.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is a commitment, belief, and being able to work during tough times.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The most unexpected lesson I learned while in College is that you can only control what you can control. I credit this lesson for making me a team-first type of guy.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Something I wish I could go back and tell myself as a high school freshman is to continue working and stay focus.
Why do you wear #8?
- I wear number 8 because everything about me says 8. It starts with the number of kids my mom has, to my birth year, and down to my shoe size.
What is the best part of your hometown, Miami, FL?
- The best part of my hometown Miami, FL is the football and the tough environment that prepares you for life and make you humble.
What have you enjoyed most about this pre-draft process?
- What I’ve enjoyed the most about this pre-draft process is the learning aspect. I love to learn, and I actually got the chance to learn a few things after working with Branden Oliver. He inspired me because he is by far the hardest worker I ever saw.
If you could go one-on-one with any NFL WR, past or present, who would it be & why?
- If I could go one-on-one with any NFL WR, past or present, it would be Steve Smith. I just love his physical style of play and I consider my style similar to his. It would be a dogfight.
Are you binge-watching anything right now?
- Right now I have just been watching my running technique and making minor tweaks to it.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- If I had one free hour each day I would choose to use it to motivate others, play with my nieces and nephews, and then the last eight minutes I would like to relax and make future plans.
What are three words that would let NFL teams know whom they are getting in Anthony Washington?
- Hard-Worker, Hungry, and Coachable