• Name: Dylan Mabin
• Height: 6’1″
• Weight: 194
• Position: Cornerback
• College: Fordham University
• Twitter: @Dealin_tweets
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Northfield Center, Ohio, which is about 15 minutes from Akron and 25 minutes from Downtown Cleveland. One thing I love about my hometown is that its smaller, so when I am driving/walking around or visiting stores, I typically see somebody I know.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film study, strength and conditioning. All three are important but practice forms muscle memory and correlates the most to games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about utilizing my time in efficient ways. I hate wasting time.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshman year, I failed my first college exam. After feeling sorry for myself for about a day, I took the necessary steps to make sure that wouldn’t happen again, and I finished out the class with an A-.
What do your teammates say is your best quality? • The ability to handle adversity, whether on a personal level or a team level. I stay level-headed regardless.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Chase Edmonds (my own team) or Justin Watson (Penn)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A politician or an Astronaut
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because in that split second, my instincts would take over and they’d save the people
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Michael Scott or Tony Stark
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My junior year in HS was supposed to be my breakout year for football and I ended up playing mostly JV. This was a big blow to my college recruiting and made the road very difficult. I overcame this obstacle by rededicating myself to the game and setting realistic goals for my senior year. I ended up starting and finally gained some full scholarship offers.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In 8th grade, I was playing free safety and I got mossed by the Receiver for the other team. It was the first time anything like that had ever happened and it taught me a lot about playing the next play.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My 94-yard Kickoff return for a touchdown against Bryant.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Charged Up by Drake.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The ability to adapt to any situation.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Albert Einstein, so he could explain theories about wormholes/blackholes/time with today’s advanced technology.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Gr8 Escape.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darius Leonard, I feel he should be known and recognized by even the most casual football fans.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect goes deeper than the surface.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Maurice Clarett the most because we both come from Northeast Ohio, and he was a tremendous talent that could have been a premier NFL running back.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents. They both raised me into the man I am today and have played a large role in every major decision I’ve made in my life.