- Name: Theo Howard
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: University of Utah
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 190
- Twitter: @Theo_Howard14
- Instagram: @theohoward14
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me a top prospect at the position I play in the NFL Draft is my experience and route running. Going into the 2022 draft I am one of the very few players that has played 6 years of college football and logged over 1400 snaps. To add to that, there are very few receivers who have the ability and understanding of how to run routes via understanding leverage, coverage, depth, eyes, and more.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started playing football at the age of 6.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing that NFL teams should know about me is I love to learn / I am very coachable as proven by ability to fit in with several different schools and coaching staffs.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If I could donate to one cause in the world it would be towards animal shelters across the US. I am very passionate about dogs, and I worked at an animal shelter during my time at Oklahoma.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I have ever gotten is “control what you can control”.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero was Dwayne Wade. When I was growing up basketball was my favorite sports and DWade was my favorite player, so I always watched everything he did.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room at my school is Cameron Rising.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My pet peeve is when someone brings up something then proceeds to say “actually never mind”
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Overcoming anxiety has been the hardest thing in my life I have had to overcome.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Something about the University of Utah is that everybody on the team are brothers and we don’t let adversity phase us at all.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack food is PB & J.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is the brothers you gain and the relationships you create because of what you go through together.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If I could sell myself in one sentence, I would say that there is no player that is as well-rounded me in every aspect of this game whether it be running routes, catching, blocking, special teams, or being a positive impact in the locker room. I am fortunate that my football journey took me to the stops that it did because at each stop I was able to take something different from each set of coaches to help me become a better all-around player.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- One player I would compare myself to in the NFL is Stefon Diggs. I think that a take a lot from his game specifically routes, releases, and how he contorts his body to sell moves.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would have dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio, Kobe Bryant, and Virgil Abloh. I say Leonardo DiCaprio because he is my favorite actor of all time and I love the different roles he has played. Kobe Bryant is my second option because he has a mentality like no other and I want to pick his brain to understand how he operates. Lastly, I picked Virgil because I am very interested in fashion, and he was a very important staple for African American kids who want to make it far in fashion.