- Name: Kendrick Catis
- Height: 6000
- Weight: 230
- Position: ILB
- College: Murray State University
- Twitter: @Catisundisputed
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is a place where we take football and run with it. If you go around my hometown and ask what sports every kid play they’ll say football. One thing I love about my hometown the most is if your doing something Good with your life the people from here will support you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, Film study, Practice,this is the order I would choose because you have to prepare your body for practice with all what football has to bring, that’s where you learn about adversity the most, you are challenged and competing every time, and it prepares you for mental and physical toughness. Second is film study, you have to watch your opponent and study there every moves whether it’s on certain plays anything, you might even find the weaknesses of certain players so you would know what could hurt them in the long run, also so you would know how to game plan against your opponent to see what plays fit different personals. Practice is last because now that you know who your opponents are you can now go in prepare the correct way for your opponent.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was a time in JUCO when we played I believe independence, in the first half I believed I missed 4/5 tackles and I was so frustrated with myself after that half. My coach came and talked to me during half time and ask what wasn’t he problem, I told him that I was underestimating my speed, but he then told me to trust myself and that’s what I did, he also told me to take my shot when I see my opportunity. The second half of that game I was a game changer lead the team in tackles also had an interception that game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would probably say my best quality is me being very vocal on the field and communicating and putting people in the right places.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• To be honest, I don’t think I played against any best players .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would probably coaching, I would be a linebacker coach at the college level.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Room, then my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• To be honest, I’ll save my family member first, then the three strangers family is all I got.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’ll probably be Dwayne Johnson also known as the rock, I’ll choose him because if you watch his seen in the fast in the furious look at his motive when playing Hobbs, he was the best for that part.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was when I found out I couldn’t play my senior year of high school. That crushed my heart and tbh I decided to drop out of school that year. I stopped going to school for about a month. Then one day my principal wanted a meeting with me and my mother, so they asked me to come in one and we were all sitting in a meeting, then they told my mother if I don’t come back to school I won’t graduate and they’ll kick me out. My mom started to cry and it crushed me seeing my mother cry. It crushed me because I was the youngest of her kids and I was gonna be the first to graduate high school and go to college. That made me go back to school it motivated me to see my mother happy again. That was the best choice I made was going back to school also in that same year I earned a scholarship to play juco ball and ever since then adversity has been something I knew what to do when facing it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I won the leadership award in junior college, I was embarrassed not because I won it but because I was so nervous to stand in front of all the people that attended award night.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play in my college was when we played southeast Missouri, because I caught an interception that game and changed the defense motive, we was down by 38 and we won that game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that best describe me is Dj Drama, my moment.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’ll probably say my physical trait because I am physical in everything I do.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I’ll bring my brother back from the dead and to show him how I’ve overcame a lot just so he would have something to smile about, one more view of that smile.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I was to open a dance club it would be called 360.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player to me is Jamal Adams.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected because even if someone don’t like you or have anything against you they’ll always respect you, and there will always be a reminder why they respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I’ll probably say AB, and because he’s a great player also if he don’t play again they might not even elect him for hall of fame.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, there’s no feeling like winning that’s the best feeling ever.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother had been the biggest influence of my life, even though she don’t understand the game of football like that she always pushes me, she always tells me that god has it written already that I’m suppose to be in the league, also she made a lot of sacrifices for me to make it this far, that’s my number one lady.