- Jaelon Benjamin.
- University of the Cumberlands
- Twitter: @Benji_Jae.
- 16 Total Tackles – 1.5 TFL – 0.5 Sacks – 2 INTs – 1 FR.
What is your name?
- Jaelon Benjamin.
Where do you play College Football?
- At The University Of The Cumberlands (KY).
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9” 165lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played Basketball, Baseball and also did Track and Field.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Wendall Williams (WR, University of the Cumberlands 2014-2015).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to Kodak Black, Drake, Future, etc.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No not really, besides praying.
Who is your role model & why?
- These are most definitely my parents knowing and seeing all the things they have overcame, to be able to raise me and my 5 siblings is just a blessing.
You are an Exercise Sports Science/Public Health major. What made you pursue those subjects?
- In my earlier years of football I tore my ACL and so I had to do physical therapy and I somewhat liked the job and so now that is why I chose that major to take up Physical Therapy.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class by far had to be wiffle ball and my least favorite I would go with art appreciation.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just being able to meet new people from all over the world. Being from South Georgia coming to Kentucky is very different.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL Team growing up was the New England Patriots simply because that’s who I always seen in the Super Bowls. My favorite NFL player growing up was Champ Bailey. He’s from Georgia and was one of the best at his job.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Lottery Ticket and Kevin (Bow Wow).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Stefon Diggs, Chris Tucker and Allen Iverson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- I would choose Martin Luther King. I would just want to sit and pick his brain, listen and take in all the knowledge asking him what gave him the courage to step forward like he did.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Ghost Rider, he got swag and he different.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing all the little things. Not leaving out anything and even doing extra when nobody’s watching.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Your College ID Is valuable.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Go to camps, network yourself.
Why do you wear #1?
- It was a number given to me by my former DB Coach, Coach Martinez my freshman year. He told me “with this number comes a bulls-eye on your back, accept the challenge.”
What is the best part of your hometown, Albany, GA?
- I would definitely say downtown.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- I choose LeBron simply because he is all I’ve known. I never got to see Jordan play.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t own a system, but I do play NBA 2K whenever I’m faced with a challenge.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My first ever Pick 6 in college vs Kentucky Christian my sophomore year.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- A Cure for Cancer.
- One full day of free wings for one day of each week.
- Nationwide Wi-Fi.
What is your hidden talent?
If there is a book written about Jaelon Benjamin, what is the title?
- “The Man With No Quit.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- To travel to at least 2 other continents.
- Ride on a jet.
- Sky dive.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- It was Riverdale, but I just finished.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Just to enjoy it with my loved ones.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- It would have to be Brett Favre. The way he used to sling it around sometimes just made me think he did it just to pick at DBs.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the University of the Cumberlands football team?
- Individually: First Team All American and Conference and Defensive Player of The Year. As A Team a National Championship and Conference Championship, nothing less.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jaelon Benjamin, what would they be?