- Andrew Lackowski
- Bemidji State University
- Twitter: @DrewLackowski
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 NSIC North Division All-Conference First Team Offense.
- 161 carries – 959 yards – 5.96 YPR – 5 TDs.
What is your name?
- Andrew Lackowski.
Where do you play College Football?
- Bemidji State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 195 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played baseball in high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- My teammate Mikey Junker (DB Bemidji State, 2015-present). Before, during, and even after practice we always have some sort of competition against each other for bragging rights.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Always, I usually listen to rap/hip hop.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I always have to make a call home, If I do not do that, then I just don’t feel right and not prepared.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad. He has taught me the game since I was able to walk. He has always been straight with me and pushed me to be the very best I can every single day. He has always told me to be a great person and to treat people the way you would want to be treated.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite: Criminal Investigations.
- Least: Geography.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My buddy has a boat, so we are always out on the lake just relaxing and doing water sports
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- 49ers, and my favorite player was Frank Gore, because I always loved the way he ran the ball.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The Equalizer, I would choose Denzel Washington. That man does some impressive things in that movie.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron, Frank Gore, Tom Brady. I choose these guys because I would like to see their story behind their greatness. See their mindset and vision/tips for when they were my age.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. because he was a true leader and stood up for what is right. Someone who made an impact on the world.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I would say Superman, just because he has all the powers, where some heroes are limited.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work to me is someone who does their very best 100%of the time, even when people have their back to you. What are you doing to become a better person, athlete, boss, parent when no one is looking? You’re work your tail off on and even off the field. Hard work doesn’t just come from your sport, it’s a lifestyle that people would choose.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Realizing that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind towards it whether it’s football or academically.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Going to a Junior College is a better option rather than hopping right into a University. I fully expected a full ride scholarship out of high school, but i truly wasn’t ready academically and athletically. It was something I stressed about a lot because I thought I would be a failure but it is truly a great stepping-stone.
Why do you wear #33?
- It’s a number I have worn since I was 12. I had a great first season as a kid and since then, I have never wanted to change.
What is the best part of your hometown, Rocklin, CA?
- Tons of fun activities to do, especially outdoors.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- No disrespect to Jordan. But, LeBron is the guy! He’s done it all.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4 guy. Fortnite is the game!!
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Meeting people that will be my friends till the day I die!
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have one day with my great grandma who passed away 10 years ago.
- Stopping world violence.
- To buy my parents dream boat.
What is your hidden talent?
- Pro Gamer.
If there is a book written about Andrew Lackowski, what is the title?
- The Underdog.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Scuba Dive in Hawaii.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I am not, but I did just recently finish Sons of Anarchy, which was incredible.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I don’t get to see my family a lot. So, I would do something with them, whether it’s going to see a movie or something fun like bowling.
If you could run over any NFL LB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Ray Lewis. I think he is one of the greatest to play the position, so winning a battle like that is truly amazing.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Bemidji football team?
- For the team: We expect big things! league championship and a big run in the playoffs and compete for a national title.
- Personal goals: Run for 1500 yards, leading rusher and all purpose yards. Harlon hill award at the end of the season.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Andrew Lackowski, what would they be?