NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Raphael Lewis, CB, Houston Baptist University
- Raphael Lewis
- Houston Baptist University
- Twitter: @RalphLewis1_
- 2017 Southland Conference Football First Team All-Conference Defense.
- 62 Total Tackles – 2.0 TFL – 4 INTs.
What is your name?
- Raphael Lewis.
Where do you play College Football?
- Houston Baptist University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 180lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Football, Basketball, Baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Jeremiah Briscoe (QB, Sam Houston State, 2015-2017).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Mozzy, Young Thug, Lil Uzi, Chief Keef, Kodak Black.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- Both of my parents because they are both successful and exemplify the people I want to be and the standard I want to set for my future children. They’re everything I want to be in life.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I haven’t had a bad class honestly.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Experiencing a city outside of my hometown or Sacramento.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Oakland Raiders, Charles Woodson because I believe him and Deion are both the GOATS.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Any superhero movie because I’ve always wanted superpowers.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Deion Sanders, Muhammad Ali, Denzel Washington.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Tupac because I feel like he had a lot of knowledge about life.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash because I used to always watch Justice League.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Pushing yourself past your limits every time you touch the field, weight room, film room and just in life.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Never take a day for granted because it can be taken away from you in an instant.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Be more dedicated to the weight room.
Why do you wear #1?
- Cause I feel I’m the best player every time I step on the field.
What is the best part of your hometown, Elk Grove, CA?
- The people.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Fortnite, 2K, Call of Duty etc.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Receiving my first full-ride scholarship to Houston Baptist University.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Play in the NFL.
- All my parents bills are paid forever.
- Infinite amount of wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can dunk.
If there is a book written about Raphael Lewis, what is the title?
- “The Magnificent Documentary of a Man of Few Words.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play in the NFL, go to Egypt, go to New York.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Lay in bed watching film or highlights/new techniques on YouTube.
If you could intercept one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady because of the AFC Divisional playoff game against the Raiders in 2001-2002 season. We all know what happened in that game.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Houston Baptist University football team?
- My goal is to play so good that I make one of the All-American teams. The overall goal for the team is ultimately win our conference, go to playoffs, and win the National Championship.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Raphael Lewis, what would they be?
- Confident, Technician, Ball-Hawk.