- Nacarius Fant
- Western Kentucky University
- Twitter: @regimefant
What is your name?
- Nacarius Fant.
Where do you play College Football?
- Western Kentucky University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9” 185lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I did, I played Football, Basketball & Baseball growing up. I played all three all the way up to my sophomore year of High School. Then I just focused on Football & Basketball while taking a break from Baseball my junior year. Came back my senior year & played all three just to give it a last go around. Baseball was my sport that people felt like the one I should have went all the way in.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- I would probably say Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB Alabama).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Before games for me, usually I like to get text messages out of the way to my family & all the people who support me. I put in my headphones once we get on the bus & head to the field. I like to listen to Meek Mill. He is a guy who is a motivational/inspirational rapper.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I am not really into superstations. I am more of a go with the flow kind of guy. I do have a certain playlist that I made before my senior year that I listen to.
Who is your role model & why?
- Being an athlete, I look up to many people in sports. Number one would be LeBron James. He is one of the greatest athletes to play basketball. He came from nothing, kept his head upright, & overcame many obstacles to get where he is. In baseball, I would say Derek Jeter. I just love the way he plays the game. Then in football, for me to this day my role model are people who I play similar to: Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, and Doug Baldwin. Those type of people are players I try to connect my game to.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was definitely a Sports Management class. That is my major & I want to go into doing something in sports. My worst subject was honestly probably English. There was always many papers.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Being able to spend time with my 3-year old daughter. Spending time with my daughter is one of the better things that has happened in my life.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I did not really have a favorite NFL team, but my favorite player was Michael Vick. I played QB all the way up to high school; I thought I was Mike Vick. I got his cleats growing up & I wanted to be like him.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Woodlawn, Tony Nathan.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Barack Obama, LeBron James, Martin Luther King Jr.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
What is your definition of hard work?
- A person who is willing to lay it on the line whenever, not only for themselves but others. Giving 110% all the time.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Time management. Coming from high school to college finding out how to make that adjustment.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Make sure to find your way around things.
Why do you wear #1?
- In high school, I was #12, when I got to WKU Brandon Doughty had that number. When I made the decision to come to WKU, I asked if #1 was available. I felt that being the hometown kid, who else should wear #1 at WKU. I wanted to represent my state & the city of Bowling Green.
What is the best part of your hometown, Bowling Green, KY?
- You have such a great support system in Bowling Green. Everyone takes care of each other.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- On Netflix, I am watching More Than A Game, about LeBron James.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would choose to spend it with my family & daughter.
If you could catch a TD from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, the best to ever play the game.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Nacarius Fant, what would they be?
- Reliable, Mature, Savvy.