- Jahlil Mathis-Ellis
- Texas Southern University
What is your name?
- Jahlil Mathis-Ellis.
Where did you play College Football?
- Texas Southern University.
What position do you play?
- Offensive Guard.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 307lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I wrestled in high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- PJ Hall from Sam Houston State University, or Javancy Jones from Jackson State University.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I usually listen to Bankroll Fresh, and Curren$y before a game to help me focus.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Not really, the only thing that I do every game is probably make sure I get taped by the same athletic trainer every game, no matter where we go.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mother, father, and brother. These three people always work hard to help others and be there for people even when they might have problems going on with them. They also get things that they want done no matter how much to or how difficult it is.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Calculus was my least favorite class, and all Kinesiology classes are my favorite.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just being able to meet new people from different parts of the country, and making connections, and networking with those different people.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up the Pittsburgh Steelers were, and are still my favorite team. Also, the Steelers were the first team I saw when I started watching football that were a very physical team. Mike Vick is my favorite football player. Mike Vick’s Jersey was my first ever football jersey, and he could not be stopped by anyone.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could play a character in any movie it would probably be “Pea” from the movie Baby. I feel like if I was him I would’ve help Jody avoid a few different situations such as getting beat up by his mothers’ boyfriend, and being shot at.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Jay-Z, Michael Strahan, John Dillinger.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- It would probably be Malcolm X. I would want to meet him and just ask him question about being a huge political leader, how It felt to be loved by many, but also hated by many, and many other questions.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Probably the Hulk. It is pretty obvious why he is my favorite superhero. Growing up seeing a hero that was big and strong kind of connected with me because I was a big kid.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing whatever it takes to get better no matter how hard or easy it may seem and doing that work that you know has to be done even when nobody is there to make sure you are working.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- TIME MANAGEMENT.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now? What wish or wishes would you choose?
- 3 wishes over 5 years, and I feel like I would be able to think of what I would wish for when the time comes.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell myself to make the best out of any opportunity that I am given and put all of my effort into it.
Why do you wear #55?
- I wear because I always saw this number as an intimidating number, and some of the most intimidating players that I watched in the NFL wore #55.
What is the best part of your hometown, Fairburn, GA?
- I’m not from Fairburn, but I like that it is a close-knit community and there is always love and support there.
If a defender hits the QB late in a play, how do you react?
- That guy is getting hit immediately or I am going to make sure I run catch him on the backend of an ongoing play.
If people could know one thing about Jahlil Mathis-Ellis, what would you want that to be?
- When my mind is made up to do something I will do whatever it takes to get that objective done, and I always strive to do everything to the best of my ability.
Is there a current D-Lineman in the NFL that you would really love to get your hands on?
- No one in particular, just any D-Lineman that I would get a chance to line up across from.