Determining the Top 10 Dallas Cowboys players of all time is subjective and can vary based on personal opinions and criteria for greatness. However, I wanted to break down a list of players who are often regarded as some of the greatest players in franchise’s history.
This was by far the hardest list I have made. Let’s look at my Top-10 players on the Cowboys Legendary roster:
- Roger Staubach (QB) – “Captain America” led the Cowboys to two Super Bowl victories (VI, XII) and is considered one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history.
- Emmitt Smith (RB) – The NFL’s all-time leading rusher, Smith was the centerpiece of the Cowboys’ dominant offense during the 1990s and helped the team win three Super Bowls (XXVII, XXVIII, XXX).
- Troy Aikman (QB) – Aikman was the starting quarterback during the Cowboys’ Super Bowl-winning era of the 1990s, earning three Super Bowl rings and establishing himself as one of the franchise’s greatest players.
- Bob Lilly (DT) – “Mr. Cowboy” was a dominant defensive tackle and the first-ever draft pick in Cowboys history. He was a key player for the team during the 1960s and early 1970s.
- Michael Irvin (WR) – Irvin was the “Playmaker” and a crucial part of the Cowboys’ success in the 1990s, earning three Super Bowl rings and becoming one of the greatest wide receivers in franchise history.
- Larry Allen (OL) – Allen was a dominant offensive lineman and a key part of the Cowboys’ offensive success during the 1990s. He was known for his strength and versatility.
- Randy White (DT) – “The Manster” was a dominant defensive tackle and a cornerstone of the Cowboys’ “Doomsday Defense” during the 1970s.
- Tony Dorsett (RB) – Dorsett was an electrifying running back and helped the Cowboys win Super Bowl XII. He was known for his speed and agility.
- Mel Renfro (DB) – Renfro was a versatile defensive back who excelled at cornerback and safety. He was a critical part of the Cowboys’ defense during the 1960s and 1970s.
- DeMarcus Ware (DE/LB) – Ware was a premier pass rusher for the Cowboys, setting numerous franchise records for sacks and earning multiple Pro Bowl selections.
There are so many others I could add to to this list, but these 10 players are amazing and I feel are the definition of America’s Team.
Who do you feel is the best Dallas Cowboy of All-Time?