- Name: Emmanuel Aboagye-Gyan
- Position: Linebacker / DB
- College: University of Ottawa
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 205
- Twitter: @Eman_AG
- Instagram: @eman.ag_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
– I am a true Swiss Army knife. I have experience playing at almost every position on defense and have shown that I can do it all effectively at a high level. My ability to play in space and be a box defender gives me an edge over other defenders that can only do one or the other. I have a combination of speed, strength, and a high football IQ that has allowed me to fit in anywhere quickly.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
– I became interested in football around the age of 12 but my parents never let me play until I pushed hard enough in the 9th grade where i instantly fell in love with the sport.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
– There is no one that will work or compete harder than me. Adversity motivates me.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
– The UN World food program.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
– Your biggest competition is yourself, be a better version of yourself than you were yesterday.
Who was your childhood hero?
– P.K Subban
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
– Free Safety, Harnoor Dhaliwal.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
– Complacency from people with great potential.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
– Suffering a major injury that took away my ability to walk for months, & making it back in time for the season.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
– uOttawa is a place where you feel like family not only with your coaches and teammates but with various other varsity teams as well. The way we all support each other is a very special thing to see.
What is your favorite snack food?
– Honey-roasted peanuts.
What is the best part of football?
– Having the opportunity to be free and let your true self come out for 4 quarters.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
– My ability to learn, adapt & immediately implement something is second to none.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
– Tyrann Mathieu
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Tyrann Mathieu – To truly understand how he overcame so much adversity and used it to drive his success.
- Kobe Bryant – To learn what it takes to be the very best at what you do, and what it takes to stay at the top.
- Edward Snowden – This is someone that sacrificed his life, safety, and freedom for the greater good. To have the chance to understand his decision-making process when so much was on the line would be a great learning opportunity.