The NFL will search high and lows to find talent. This year in the 2022 NFL Draft they proved that. Division 2 football players did a great job to be honest. The 2022 NFL Draft had 5 players get drafted, but 10 of them ended up making the initial 53 man roster, with three more of those players signing to a practice squad.
Here is a list of the players who made the roster and the guys with an asterisk * next to them are on a team’s practice squad.
- Joshua Williams – Kansas City Chiefs
- Sam Roberts – New England Patriots
- Dareke Young – Seattle Seahawks
- Christian Matthew – Arizona Cardinals
- Jared Bernhardt – Atlanta Falcons
- D’Anthony Bell – Cleveland Browns
- Sam Webb – Las Vegas Raiders
- Kader Kohou – Miami Dolphins
- Dallis Flowers – Indianapolis Colts
- Tanner Owen – New Orleans Saints
- Gregory Junior – Jacksonville Jaguars*
- Irvin Charles – New York Jets*
- Zaire Mitchell-Paden, Cleveland Browns*
This is pretty impressive and shows you that the NFL will find you if you can play. I love it that these underdogs are making an impact on NFL rosters,.
Tanner Owen has been released already with a NFI injury status, but the others are all currently active on a football team in the NFL. This is pretty impressive.