I wanted to make a mock draft with no trades, even though I feel there will be several. I wanted to have my final Mock Draft knocked out and I think it is pretty solid. Let me know what you think and tell me who I missed on!
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Travon Walker, DE, Georgia – I am not sure this is the best pick, but the Jaguars are going defensive end. I have heard it is down to Hutchinson and Walker, and with the Vegas odds recently tipping towards Walker, I am going to have to bet on him as the favorite.
2. Detroit Lions – Aidan Hutchnson, DE, Michigan – Back-to-Back edge rushers, and let’s face it neither one is a reach. Both Walker and Hutchinson are solid and the Lions get to keep the Michigan standout home. This is a great move by the Lions, he fell right to them!
3. Houston Texans – Ikem Ekwonu, OT, North Carolina State – I could see the Texans trying to trading back, but at the end of the day they need to protect their young quarterback Davis Mills. I would not be shocked if the Texans went cornerback here either. I just cannot see them passing on Ekwonu.
4. New York Jets – Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon – The Jets would jump on Ikem Ekwonu if he was here in my opinion, but they cannot pass on edge rusher KT. Thibodeaux is a guy with a high motor who is always in the backfield. The Jets need an identity and KT helps them establish one.
5. New York Giants – Evan Neal, OT, Alabama – The New York Giants are going to protect Daniel Jones. They have been impressed with the young gunslinger already and if you add a tenacious blocker like Neal he immediately helps the Giants day one. The Giants are happy and so is their young quarterback.
6 Carolina Panthers – Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh – I cannot see Pickett getting past the Panthers at 6. Matt Rhule is infatuated with players he coached or recruited. At one point the Panthers had almost every Temple player in the NFL on his team. Rhule recruited Pickett, and the Panthers finally get their future quarterback.
7. New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) – Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, CB, Cincinnati – The Giants cannot pass on the best cornerback in the draft. He is there at 7 overall and the Giants walk away from the draft looking amazing. Joe Schoen hits two homeruns in his first draft, and the team is already better.
8. Atlanta Falcons – Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State – Last Chance U has a top 10 pick! Jermaine Johnson II is the best player available if you ask me. The Falcons could trade out of this pick, but if they do stay put they take the best player on the board. Johnson is an upgrade for the Falcons immediately.
9. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) – Derek Stingley, CB, LSU – Probably the top cornerback in this year’s draft, but he falls to the Seahawks. The Hawks could have gone QB right here taking Malik Willis, but they go BPA. You cannot go wrong when you land a ballhawk like Stingley.
10. New York Jets (from Seattle) – Jameson Williams, WR, Ohio State – Williams is the first wide receiver off the board. Many thought he would fall past 15 because he is coming off of an injury, but Williams does not slip. The Jets give Zach Wilson a weapon, and boy is he a dog.
11. Washington Commanders – Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame – The Commanders land a top 10 player. He is one of the most rangy safeties I have ever watched on film. The Fighting Irish safety is a leader on and off the field and fits the Ron Rivera mold to a T.
12. Minnesota Vikings – Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington – The Vikings could use a cornerback and if Stingley was there he would be the guy but McDuffie is the next best corner in the draft. The Vikings could trade back but I have them taking McDuffie with the 12th pick.
13. Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns) – Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah – The Texans are looking at defensive players heavily and Lovie Smith will get one in the first round. With Ekwonu going 3rd overall, the Texans take the most rangy linebacker in the draft at 13.
14. Baltimore Ravens – Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa – The small school standout is mean, and he does not like anyone touching his quarterback. The Ravens have hosted Penning for a top 30 visit and he falls right to them at 14. The Ravens take the massive tackle to solidify the blindside of their franchise QB.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins) –Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia – The agile and massive nose tackle teamed up with Fletcher Cox is scary. The Eagles will go defensive line here, and I think they would be crazy to pass on the agile giant.
16. New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia) – Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State – The Saints have the top wide receiver fall to them at 16. Wilson should not be here, but several teams have been avoiding the wide receiver position. Wilson falling to the Saints is a win!
17. Los Angeles Chargers – Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State – the Chargers are stacked already at wide receiver but you add another target for Justin Herbert and let him go bananas. The Chargers corps becomes one of the nastiest in the NFL and Olave is destined for a huge year.
18. Philadelphia (from New Orleans) – Drake London, WR, USC – The Eagles land their wide receiver at 18th overall. He falls right to them. There is starting to be a little run on wide receivers, which is needed. The Eagles land a player they feel can be a big time player for them at 18th overall.
19. New Orleans (from Philadelphia) – Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati – Ridder is a surprise upset here. Ridder is taken over Malik Willis, and the Saints end up getting a solid gunslinger to work with rookie wide receiver Garrett Wilson. The Saints find their future franchise quarterback and he maybe the most polished player at his position in the draft.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers – Malik Willis, QB, Liberty – The Steelers get their guy. He falls right to them, they do not have to move, they do not panic, and they still walk away with their future franchise quarterback. Willis has met with the Steelers staff and has great intangibles.
21. New England Patriots – Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State – There is no way the Patriots let Cross continue to fall. I was going to give them an interior offensive lineman, but Cross is a huge need for the Patriots and he is there. I love this pick and Mac Jones will too!
22. Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders) – Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas – On the field Treylon Burks is one of the best players available at the wide receiver position. The Packers have a huge need at the wide receiver position and Burks has a chip on his shoulder. He falls in the draft after a rough combine, but he ends up being a big time weapon for Rodgers and the Pack.
23. Arizona Cardinals –Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College – The Cardinals will protect Kyler Murray. Zion Johnson maybe small, but he is one of the most technically sound offensive lineman in the NFL Draft. The Cardinals hit a homerun with pick 23.
24. Dallas Cowboys – Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M – Cowboys lost several offensive lineman and they are in love with Kenyon Green. Green met with the Cowboys at the combine and then went on a top 30 visit with the Boys. Why not stay local and take the big run blocker?
25. Buffalo Bills – Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia – The Bills are taking best player available and if you look at their holes they really do not have a major hole. The Bills add a linebacker that can cover a ton of space and is sitting there at 25. I love this pick for the Bills to add Dean with Edmunds and Milano.
26. Tennessee Titans – Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa – Titans find a player who can protect Ryan Tannehill and open holes for Derrick Henry. The Titans land a very talented offensive tackle, this class is thin at tackle, so you have to take the best player available because next round there may not many left who you deem as a starter.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia – The Buccaneers land a player that should not have slid. The Buccaneers have to beef up their defensive line. I think Wyatt falling to them is another big time win.
28. Green Bay Packers – Logan Hall, DT, Houston – The Packers love this kid, he has been on a top 30 visit, and while many think they will go wide receiver twice, the Packers take a player they feel will be a star in the making at 28.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) – Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State – The Chiefs find an athletic wide out who is a beast in the return game. The Chiefs strike gold with Watson, this is a tough pick but I think they took the right wide out.
30. Kansas City Chiefs – George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue – The Chiefs could use a pass rusher and look who is sitting there at 30. The Chiefs always find a way of striking gold. This is a big time get for the Chiefs.
31. Cincinnati Bengals – Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson – The Bengals are being pegged a center by damn near every draft, but I am going to go against the grain and take a cornerback. Booth is great in coverage and can help the Bengals right now.
32. Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams) – Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina – I do not think the Lions will take a quarterback here, but I feel the Lions will in trade back and someone will take Sam Howell. Howell is ranked a lot higher by league circles than the media. This allows his new team to pick up an additional year. The team I see trading up is the Falcons……