NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: MarcJavion Mcgrew, Running Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being career football players. So I hope you all read this interview about MarcJavion and follow his journey on social media!
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- It goes back to growing up. I was watching my dad and cousin play and watching the crowd I wanted the crowd to hear the crowd scream my name. It’s almost like an adrenaline rush hearing fans so crazy behind you.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would have to say Adrian Peterson because I would like to sit there and pick his brain. Just seeing because he was at a higher school what he did differently training-wise to see how I could have gotten even better just to see what I could have done better to get to a higher level like he did.
3.What sets you apart from other running backs?
- I’ll have to say my work ethic because no matter how well I do something there’s always room for improvement and I always hope and pray for the best.
4.What are you hoping to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Just a lot more wisdom and knowledge I want to learn because it teaches you leadership and a common goal as a team and it teaches you life lessons.
5.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring more focused energy. Just tuned in to the game still hyped but make sure that you follow the game plan and get the job done.
6.What should we know about MarcJavion Mcgrew the person?
- Basically, a nice, hardworking guy, godsend, anything he puts his mind to he will go 100 percent in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7.What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- A moment that improved me as a football player is more likely when we are down, backs against the wall and then I get down on myself but even with those thoughts I go 100 percent and try my best, win, lose or draw.
8.What is your typical training routine?
- Really go throughout the week and depends on the month so sometimes I go 3 days in the weight room and 2 days in the field and a light workout on Saturday and sometimes I flip that and go 3 days in the field and 2 days in the weight depending on how I feel.
9.What do you love about the game of football?
- Honestly, the brotherhood behind is the fact I can bond with complete strangers for a month and then they end up as friends and you push each other and end up looking back on it with good memories.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a hard-working player pushing himself to the best of his abilities but also a leader able to line up and be able to be showing you what you need to do to get the job done.
11.What is your favorite run?
- Counter Power, anything up the middle.
12.What are you still learning as a football player?
- Honestly no matter how much you know and train for you are always learning in football another play. There’s always room for learning any improvement.