NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Shannon Waren, Running Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being career football players. So I hope you all read this interview about Shannon and follow his journey on social media!
1.What sets you apart from other running backs?
- My ability to be able to learn new things and my mental state is alot better than many running backs.
2.What is your typical training routine?
- So I start out my mornings with speed and conditioning and then at night I will do weights Monday-Friday and on weekends I do my positional training.
3.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I always just bring positive energy throughout everything, am coachable, accountable, and a hard work ethic, and am flexible. These are all the main traits any player needs on and off the field and that is what defines me.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would want to hang out with Deion Sanders, why is because he is very motivational to young football players to see the real world both in football and life and I feel like he can make me a better football player and a better man.
5.What are you hoping to achieve as a football player going forward?
- That it doesn’t matter what division that you are in that you can make it and be the best.
6.What is your favorite run and why?
- Downhill Iso because I’m more of a north and south runner and like to run straight up the middle.
7.What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- Was being able to get that chance to ball because not all players get to play ball after high school and that is a huge accomplishment for any player.
8.What should we know about Shannon Warren the person?
- I’ve already been told not only by my teammates but by my coaches that I have the athletic knowledge skills to make it to the next level and that they compliment me on the developing and learning skills I give to the underclassmen.
9.What do you love about the game of football?
- Specifically, I just love the competition and the brotherhood that comes within the game of football that sticks with you and your teammates.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a player that has their mind right and that would want to show other players that if you keep pushing that you can get it. A team would be getting a player that has the speed, strength, size, skill and vision of the game just like others.
11.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Basically, I handle them with a grain of salt, head-on, and get through all the adversity on and off the football field.
12.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Was a kid growing up seeing my cousin out there on the football field and at the same time he was teaching me how to play football.