NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Charles Dickerson IV, Defensive Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being career football players. So I hope you all read this interview about Charles and follow his journey on social media!
1.What are you hoping to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I want to play at the highest level and make a impact on people lives on and off the field.
2. What is your typical training routine?
- I get up early and go to the gym. Depending on the day it’s either upper body or lower body day and either push or pull day. I do abs every day, a minimum of 200 reps. On my off days and short days at work I go to the field and do conditioning, technique work, and line/cone drills.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- When I touch the field I am locked in and focus. I don’t do a whole lot of trash talking but I let my play and pads talk. I get hyped off of my teammates making plays and I make sure I give them praise and keep them focused too. I am a leader on the field and make sure the defense is on the same page every play.
4. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I attack challenges head on and don’t shy away from them. I pride myself in thriving under pressure. I take strategic steps to accomplish all challenges.
5. What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- My understanding of the game, how fast I play, my work ethic, and my focus on details.
6. What should we know about Charles Dickerson the person?
- I am a hardworking, goal driven, strong minded person. I strive to be the best in everything I do. Failure is not an option for me. I am a natural born leader.
7. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- When I got to college as a freshman and became a “depended on player” is when I improved as a football player. Once I got into that leadership role, I knew I needed to be at my best all the time.
8. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would hang out with Deion Sanders because I would be able to pick his brain and learn some things. Also, he looks like he has a lot of fun on and off the field. We both have swag too.
9. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My mother put me in football when I was 5 years old because I had real bad anger problems. I stuck with it because I am very good at it and I am able to take my anger out on others and not get in trouble.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A leader, a team player, a hard worker, someone who doesn’t mind the pressure being on them, a dedicated player, and a coachable player.
11. What are you still learning as a football player?
- I am learning new techniques to make my game play faster and better. I always try to find new ways to better myself.
12. What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Man to man because I’m an aggressive cornerback. I wanna jack up wide receivers at the line and make them work to get open.