Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview about Woody and follow his journey on social media! Twitter:@woodybrandom Instagram: @woody_brandom
1.What is your favorite route and why?
I like the basic route (12yd in route) because I like catching the ball middle of the field and on the run.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Gronk. I feel like we have a similar personality and play style. I could learn a lot from him on and off the field.
3. What sets you apart from other tight ends?
My blocking is second to none. I finish every play with the intention of decleating them. I can separate on routes and break tackles for big gains.
4. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
When I worked with Chris Cooley earlier this year. We worked on footwork and route running and it improved my game tremendously.
5. What should we know about Woody Brandom the person?
I am dedicated to improving the life of my family and friends. I put others before myself and want what’s best for the majority.
6.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
I hope to achieve a Super Bowl championship. I hope to one day be a Walter Payton award winner. I also want to create new friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
7. What is your typical training routine?
I work three days a week on routes and releases and speed. And 3-4 days I’ll get in lifts/football sled work.
8. How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
I face the challenges head on. I don’t run from them, I embrace it.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moment was scoring a touchdown the last game of my college career and being named first team all conference. Also scoring a touchdown in Lucas Oil stadium during the spring league 2021 was a great feeling too.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
They would get a gritty player who always finished every single play. They get consistency in both routes/caught balls and run blocking. I’m an all around player who also plays great special teams.
11. Rank focus,footwork and skill. Based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
1.Focus 2.Skill 3.Footwork You need 100% focus so you can perfect the finer things. Skill will help you learn quicker. You can pick up footwork and route combinations.
12. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I bring an energy that will rally a whole team. My hard nose play style, ground and pound on the opponents and juice the squad every time.