NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Justin Wilson, Safety
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview about Justin and follow his journey on social media!
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- So the day I wanted to be a football player was because I was a track star in Wisconsin for high school and I knew that I didn’t want to do track so that’s when I starting focusing on football and when it started opening doors I knew that this was what I wanted to do.
2. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It would be Jamal Adams my playing style I see a lot of him in myself. And Jamal is so confident out there I like that about him and Jalen Ramsey and I would like to ask him a lot of questions and I like his gameplay and confidence.
3. What is your typical training routine?
- So every morning I get up and eat breakfast and go to the training facility and warm up for 20-30 minutes so I’ll be stretching then another 20-30 minutes I will do dynamic warmup then I’ll do DB drills and after that, I’ll do the lifting for about an hour then after that I will stretch again. Depending on the day I will either do DB drills, run sprints, or boxing.
4. What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- So my goal this year is to make a CFL team or an NFL squad and I have a very high chance to make either of those.
5. What sets you apart from other safeties?
- That I am a very versatile player. I can play multiple positions on defense. I have played many positions on defense in college. Whatever position I play I will show the upmost confidence that I will be the best at it.
6. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- As a player I will bring the leadership to focus on beating the other team.
7. What should we know about Justin Wilson the person?
- Things you should know about me are I’m very competitive. Another thing is I am always willing no matter the circumstance to get the job done. I am always in a grind mode but at the same time, I am enjoying the process while keeping the focus.
8. What is a moment that improved you as a football player?
- The moments that improved me as a football player are when I fail because I know that as a strong player I have to make adjustments in order to succeed on a level higher than where I am.
9. What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Man-to-man coverage is my favorite coverage because it shows how well I have been working on my individual skillset at my position.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- When a team picks me up they will get a player who is coachable, will never be outworked, and a player who shows good character.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
- One thing that I love about the game of football is that it is very relatable to life, just like in football in life there are ups and downs but that it is what you do during the down times that determine how far up you go.
12. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments from my football life are when I won my college conference championship ring. And also when I switched over from playing offense to defense. Playing defense has opened alot of doors for me to play at the pro level and it also shows how athletic I really am.