Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jonathan Kanda, Tight End
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview with Jonathan and follow his journey on Twitter @JonathanKanda
1.Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- I’ll go with skill, focus and footwork. It’s kind of like domino effect because you need skills first to get on the field then focus to be able to work on footwork.
2.What is your favorite stadium that you have played in?
- San Diego University Torero Stadium
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interviews
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset on the football field is to dominate the person in front of me and to execute my assignment play by play.
4.If your life was a TV show what would you call it and why?
- I would call it Trenches. So people could have an idea of what hard work and hardship looks like.
5.What is your favorite workout?
- Field work is my favorite workout because we always compete
6.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Hall of Fame
7.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Competition, greed!
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- What made me wanting to become a football player was watching Super Bowl XLVI Giants vs Patriots. I just had came from Africa to live in the U.S. that year and watching that game with my cousins and the atmosphere in the house made me wanting to become the guy on the field.
9.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They will get a freaking beast, a play maker, a fast and physical TE that can work the middle of the field, that can moss they’re favorite DB in the red zone and a soldier that isn’t afraid of contact. Also a guy that will be on every special team.
10.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- My biggest challenge was to come to the U.S. at 15 years old and pick up a sport that I’ve never played in my whole life to earning a division 1 scholarship and now chasing the pros.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Prince Charles Iworah. Because he’s on the grind just like I am and so our definition of hanging out is literally “work” around the clock. There is no time to waste. 12. What are your favorite moments from your football life? Favorite moment from football life was the door it opened to me in terms of receiving scholarships so my parents wouldn’t have to pay for school.