Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Mel’quawn Pinkney, Athlete
Hello, @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Mel’quawn Pinkney’s journey on Twitter @MelquawnP.
1. What is one thing that you want to do in life that doesn’t involve football?
- I would like to become involved in youth development providing adolescent teens with a positive role model to help guide their post-secondary opportunities. One of my goals would be to demonstrate the behaviors necessary to become successful individuals for the future.
2. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Last spring, I was able to play against the Richmond Roughriders an elite professional arena team. I also lined up against guys such as Larry Beavers and Noel Devine during the game as a field corner falling short 24-28.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- Confident mindset towards my ability to play everywhere on the field as a versatile threat. Also, having the ability to remain humble when taking criticism or coaching.
4. What is your favorite workout?
- “Power clean” works on my exposition.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- Florida is somewhere I’ve always loved and wanted to live because of the nice weather all year.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interviews
6. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Charles Woodson has always been one of my favorites to watch growing up as a kid. I would like to pick his brain on some techniques and in-game adjustments that helped him through his career.
7. What is your favorite dinner?
- Baked BBQ Chicken, rice and vegetables.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I’ve always had a love for the game and how it helped me over the years. It provides opportunities to see places and experience things I would’ve never imagined. There is no other sport like it I really enjoy the game.
9. If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- I would bring a swiss army knife for hunting food or even build a shelter to survive. Next, would be a first aid or safety kit in case of any injuries. Lastly, I would bring a satellite phone.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A professional that is a student of the game. I’ve played many positions which helps when finding a job on the field and continuing to work toward being the best at it.
11.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Life after losing my mother helped me become a more motivated individual towards my personal goals. It allowed me to stay persistent when dealing with difficult times, learning ways to push forward and pursue my dream of playing at the NFL.
12.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- “Defying the Odds” will be a testament to my story and the things I had to overcome to get where I am today. Also highlighting the major events in my life to visualize the journey I’ve taken to reach my goals.