Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Isaiah Pierre, Defensive Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow his path on Twitter @FieldRunnaZay
1.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
– Definitely Traveling. I literally played and traveled everywhere. I love all the different environments, sceneries, cultures, and people that the game of football allowed me to experience.
2.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
– That’s a hard question because there’s are so many unique and beautiful places in the world. I think that I would love to live on an Island though do to the beautiful water views and the great resources most islands have.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
– Defend my team and defend my brothers! I see football as war and I am giving a task as a defender to stand my ground and attack any attackers trying to get into the kingdom. So my mindset is to protect the kingdom at all costs. We do this by strategizing, preparing, practicing, and then we’ll dominate when the opponent arrives.
4.What is your favorite dinner?
– Haitian legume – A Haitian dish comprised of mixed vegetables that are cooked with meat, usually beef, then mashed and served over rice. legume has several different variations. It can be made with beef, chicken, turkey, shrimp, crabs, conch, pork, or a combination of any of the above.
5.What is one thing that you hope to do in life that doesn’t involve football?
– Own over 10 Businesses. I want to own a gym in the future, and own a lot of property. Last, I want to finish this MBA degree.
6.What is your favorite workout?
– Any leg day activities in the gym. I love to squat! I can squat over 550 and rep it over 6 times. Squatting just make my legs feel great!
7.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
– FieldRunna! It’s actually my Instagram name and FieldRunnaZay is my twitter name. The name accomplishes me so well because it’s basically the story of my life. I run fast and I am confident that I run any field that I step on due to my efforts of going hard all the time. I even go with great high energy with non-football activities.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
– I just fell in love with it since I was a child. I had the dream of being an NFL player since I was 7 years old. I still have that same dream right now even though the midst of all the obstacles and challenges to get there.
Check out other Free Agent Interviews on NFL Draft Diamonds
9.What do you do for fun?
– I like adventures. I like to workout, do yoga, hike, go to the beach, do martial arts, chill in great sceneries, read books, and hang with positive friends.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
– A player that goes hard and plays fast every snap! A player that is well prepared! A player who is very confident! A player who has amazing speed, quickness, power, strength, and footwork! A player who is coachable and who adapts quickly. A player who is educated! Last, a player who is positive and a great locker room asset.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
– Bob Sanders! I am a similar player to him, I would love to have a conversation with him just to have a powerful connection.
12.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
– Getting into the NFL, just been slept on my whole career but I’m ok with that. I rather be an underdog any day. It keeps me humble and hungry.