Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Isaiah Banks, Defensive Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read Isaiah Bank’s interview on NFL Draft Diamonds and follow his journey on Twitter @udekm13
1. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would say Deion Sanders because we play the same position, and i would like to see how he breaks down film for his opponents.
2.If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- I would take my phone, food and water.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is make sure the person on the other side of the ball knows he is going to be in for a long game and if i get tired to keep going because it’s not gonna to kill me.
4.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Moving during H.S and also having a baby at young age.
5.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- If it was in the United States it would either be back home in North Carolina or go to Cali. But overall i would live in Dubai because I’ve heard there is a lot to do there and it’s just totally different from the United States.
6.What is your favorite dinner?
- Steak, baked potato, steamed broccoli and Mac and cheese.
7.What is your favorite workout?
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My dad always use to encourage me to play a sport, so we always would throw the football around and i would play some games such as “crush the carrier” back when i was younger and i just feel in love with the game since than.
9.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- “The Journey of Isaiah Banks”
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Well for sure IQ. I’ve played both sides of the ball all my life until college, so my Ability to read plays is very high. Physical player willing to stick my nose in anything that will helps us win.And also a good communicator.
11.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Hope to improve as the years go, learn from the players that have been there, and enjoy the game that I’ve been in love /playing since i was 5 years old.
12.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My 8th grade you my team and i won our Super Bowl, than we went to Ohio and played 3 out of state teams there and became northeast champs while going undefeated that entire year. My junior year i was on the news about every week for top plays of the week for our football league. Than my senior year i was named one of the best transfer students that upcoming year and than just experiencing playing college football and winning a bowl game.