At NFL Draft Diamonds, we like to focus on the small schoolers because they are the true underdogs. With a league like the XFL coming out this spring, it really caught our attention as to how many small schoolers were getting another chance, and it is impressive.
We broke down every roster to find out that 81 players from small schools are on current rosters, with the Houston Roughnecks leading the way with 15 players on their roster. So we wanted to break it down and just show small schoolers just how important a league like the XFL can be for them if they are looked over at the upcoming NFL Draft.
- Dallas Renegades – 13/52 – 25%
- DC Defenders – 7/52 – 14%
- Houston Roughnecks – 15/52 – 29%
- LA Wildcats – 10/52 – 19%
- NY Guardians – 10/52 – 19%
- St. Louis Battlehawks – 12/52 – 23%
- Seattle Dragons – 6/52 – 12%
- Tampa Bay Vipers – 8/52 – 15%
Overall, 19 percent of the XFL is made up of small schoolers. This is pretty sweet and another reason us at Draft Diamonds have to push for the leagues like the XFL. This is a great opportunity.