- Name: Evan Powell
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 220
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Monmouth University
- Twitter: @e_p_1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• The thing I love most about my hometown is the unity and support in which is present all the time.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and Conditioning= without being in the weight room and being in shape there is no chance of competing
- Practice= without participating in practice and getting both physical and mental reps, there is little to no chance that the player will compete fluently in games.
- Film Study= film study is crucial for a players mental awareness and preparedness in order to play.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry most about not making my family proud as they are the ones whom support me the most and have since the very beginning.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In High School, I had struggled with my science class grade and did not receive the grade I had wanted. After asking for help and spending more time on my work, I was able to raise my grade by the end of the year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe that my teammates say that the energy I try and bring to practices, games, and lifts is my best quality as I’m able to spread that energy to others around me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I think that the best player I’ve ever played against in college was my freshman year against Chase Edmunds from Fordham. He is now a running back on the Arizona Cardinals.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a graphic designer—preferably something in the sports industry.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Always have to keep the room clean first!
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose one family member because family is over everything.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life has been the injuries that I have overcome in order to be in the spot I’m in today. With lots of support and positive energy, I was able to overcome these tough times and turn them into fuel.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I believe the most memorable play of my collegiate career was my second interception
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Whats the Difference by Dr Dre
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Mac Miller for a day as he was one of the biggest musicians of my generations and his death was very sudden.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club 5K
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Carson Wentz!!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because one cannot live life without having at least one person dislike them—no fake love!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for one of my favorite quarterbacks of all time—Mike Vick. What he did off the field was terrible and unspeakable however I believe that as time as went on, he has done all that he could to win back respect and trust.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win more than I hate to lose. I play the game to win so therefore there is no feeing in the world comparable to winning a big game with your brothers.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•I believe that the biggest influence in my life has been my direct family. My parents and my brothers have been the biggest support system and paved the way for me ever since I’ve been born. They are my why!