- Name: Greg Bernal
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 305 lbs
- Position: Center
- College: Urbana University
- Twitter: Gbernal59
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My Hometown is Jackson Heights located in Queens NY. What I love most about my hometown is the nonstop grind & hustle.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, study, strength, practice, conditioning. I always think film and study are the most important. It’s better to get to know your opponents weaknesses and strengths and game plan form there. Then practicing what you’re planned plays are against your opponent and last but not least conditioning. Conditioning always comes in the last quarter and whoever is the most conditioned team will definitely be the more physical and more mentally tough team.
What do you worry about, and why?
• My greatest worry is missing the opportunity to get better while someone else does.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• It was the last game of the season and we were playing Truman state. There was one play where it was 3rd and 3 and we decided to pass it Once I snapped the ball the outside linebacker blitzed into the A gap and He swam me for the sack. I honestly felt horrible but all I could think of was the next play. Our coach wanted to go for it and I thought this was an opportunity to get back at him and possibly score. I snapped the ball again and he ran the same blitz. I was expecting it and he was nowhere near the quarterback and we scored.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Commitment. Once I have my mind set on something and I have a vision for it I’ll do whatever it takes in order to accomplish it no matter the circumstances.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against in my college career is myself. There’s no better competition than yourself.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I didn’t play football I would be an athletic trainer. I always found taping athletes interesting and all the things that come with being an athletic trainer.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I choose desk because that’s where all the work is done.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. Because I’ve always been a family oriented person.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would choose to be the Hulk because with every time he gets hit he’s more angry and he doesn’t stop until his enemy is beaten.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in my life is always being under looked. Never been the favorite but I’ve always overcame it by hard work and trusting the process.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when my brother had left for work and left his phone in his room. I noticed his phone was in his room so I decided to call him and tell him that his phone was left at home, but after the phone rang twice I noticed I couldn’t reach him because his phone was right next to me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was when we played against West Virginia State at their home stadium. It was the fourth quarter and WVU we’re winning by 4. There was 10 seconds left at their 3 yard line and we were running up the middle this last play. Once I snapped the ball our whole offensive line created enough space that the running back got to score and we ended up winning the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• We Outchea by Ace hood Ft Lil Wayne
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Great and steady mentality
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would choose my cousin. He had recently passed away from cancer and there has definitely been a lot of things that I haven’t said to him and some things that’s rest uneasy with me that I wish I could tell him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would have to say Anthony Castonzo left tackle for the Indianapolis Colts.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. I personally think anyone can fake liking someone else but when someone respects you truly know you made an impact on them weather it’s during a game, an interview, or life in general.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez and Gronkowski was a great duo on the field. Unfortunately his gang affiliation early in his life caught up to him but in my opinion his career to a huge downfall and he was his talent spork for itself on the field. It’s just sad how he was doing so well with the patriots but he decided to make the wrong decisions earlier in his life.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life would have to be both of my parents. Ever since I was a kid I always remembered my parents preaching to never quit and to always keep pushing because at the end of the struggle there is always reward.