- Name: Hunter Watts
- Height: 6’8
- Weight: 325
- Position: OT
- College: University of Central Arkansas
- Twitter: @HunterW_77
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is San Antonio, TX. I love San Antonio for the sense of community.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and conditioning are the most important because the weight room is where it all starts to get your body physically ready for the season.
2. Film study is second important because it when you get to, develops a game plan for the upcoming opponent.
3. The practice is third important because once the game plan is put into effect it is time to execute.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being able to give my daughter a great life. I want my daughter to be able to grow up without worrying.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In high school I got my position taken and sat on the bench for the upcoming game. This opened my eyes and taught me to work hard every day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My physicality. When it’s time to get going I love to dominate my opponent.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Derick Roberson from SHSU
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Strength and Conditioning Coach. I want to continue to stay around sports when it is all done.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because I stress out if I have a dirty room and I can’t focus.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family Member because family is the closest and most important thing to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Rocky Balboa, because he was hard working and never let any obstacles get in his way to reach the overall goal.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In high school, I lost my grandpa to cancer. When it actually processed in my head I knew I had to work harder.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My junior year of high school I got blindsided in front of our home crowd.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first collegiate game against HBU. The second play I was in I got my first college pancake.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hell and Back- NBA Youngboy
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mentality
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandpa, because I wish I could spend another day with him. He was a great man to be around and was always the father figure in my life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Andrew Whitworth
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because respect go a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, because his problem was something that he could have got fixed.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother, because growing up she took care of three kids by herself. It was tough for her at the time but she always was hardworking and working so we had what we needed.