NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Kemon Hall, DB, University of North Texas
- Name: Kemon Hall
• Height: 5’11
• College: The University of North Texas
• Twitter: kemonhall16
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Calhoun City , MS- small country town I love the pride our community has revolving our high school sports teams and all my family, friends, and folks are there.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. S&C- football is a sport that not only requires brute strength, but finesse and technique. S&C is important get in shape and prevent injuries.
2. Practice- important for the repetition of plays. Proper preparation prevents poor performance
3.Film study- it gives you the opportunity to make corrections to your mistakes and to perfect your craft and to see the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents. It also gives you the edge to make more plays.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to let a lot of things worry me. I pray often and let God work!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• This past season I had a set goal to get at least 8 interceptions but due to getting injured missing the 3 games I couldn’t reach it. I overcame it by doing whatever possible to get back on the field from still suiting up for practice even though i knew I was going to play and just keeping a positive mindset!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My character, work ethic, companionship
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Courtland Sutton
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Personal Trainer and Game Warden
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One Family Member! Family over Everything!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Martin Lawrence because I’m always cracking jokes and having fun.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not being highly recruited and only having only one offer out of high school. I overcame this adversity by working hard and having dedication, determination, and discipline on and off the field. Continuing to prove people wrong and excelling at every level!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• my sophomore year of high school baseball when I got picked off on a trick play against our rivals, Bruce HS.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My First PickSix against SMU!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grind & Sacrifice- G Child
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Great character
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Papa Gene so I can spend the day with him like I said I would with him when I got time from football and school
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because it’s based solely on who I am and my character where as liking me is more superficial because it can be temporary.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Any of the athletes whose been falsely accused of something they didn’t do
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win but you can learn from losses.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mentor/father figure, Brandon Lee, because ever since coaching me in little league baseball he always kept in touch with me making sure I was doing good in school, guiding me through life making sure i made the right decisions and was doing the right things and not taking any of my opportunities for granted!