- De’Asian Richardson
- University of Louisville
- Facebook: De’Asian Richardson
- Instagram: starvingfatboy
What is your name?
- De’Asian Richardson.
Where do you play College Football?
- The University of Louisville.
What position do you play?
- Defensive Tackle.
What is your height/weight?
- Ht: 6’3” Wt 313 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
- If so, what were they? Yes, Basketball, Baseball, Karate, Track, and Field.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Former teammate John “Boosie” Miller.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, Boosie- Mind of Maniac, Undeniable Talent, Iron chest charlie & Set it Off, Mike Smiff- Make a play.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No Superstitions.
Who is your role model & why?
- My deceased Mother Analisa M. Henry. She raised me up to be the man I am today. I owe all my life lessons and success to her for all the morals and values she instilled in me before she went on to glory.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite Class were all my Communication courses, the least favorite class was Biology lab.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experiences have been giving back to the community and hanging with the kids from the Westside School for boys. I enjoyed them mostly because I could relate to their upbringing and seen a lot of myself in them.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Steve McNair & Warren Sapp, I wanted to be a quarterback because of McNair Warren Sapp because he is a beast and in my opinion & won the Super Bowl for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well as him going to my dream college of the University of Miami.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- All About the Benjamins. I would be Reggie Wright!
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Mother, Bernie Mac & Muhammad Ali.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Bernie Mac, Muhammad Ali & Rosa Parks, I grew up admiring them and writing biography every time I got an assignment.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Black Panther, I have never been really been into superheroes until now.
What is your definition of hard work?
- When you feel like you can’t do anymore, do 5 more. Don’t let anybody outwork you.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Everything around you is a business so you have to market yourself properly every time your feet hit the floor in the morning.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Take your school work seriously and pay attention to the company you keep.
Why do you wear #90?
- I wore #9 in high school and was promised it in college but it just never happened.
What is the best part of your hometown, Jacksonville, FL?
- The beach and fresh seafood, as well close family members.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- Jordan definitely.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4! NBA2K Hitman & Madden18.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Meeting different people from outside of Florida and learning their cultures and experiencing new things that were unheard of coming from the inner city of Duval County Florida.
You originally committed to Florida State, flipped to West Virginia & ended up at Louisville. What was it about the UL program that made it a desirable destination?
- The love and respect I felt from the former coaching staff made it a no-brainer. Once I met Coach Clint Hurtt I knew I wanted to play for him. Coach Strong just sweeten the pot.
Are you binge-watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Currently, binge Watching The Wire on Amazon Prime.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Spend time with my little sister and watch her grow into a respectable young lady.
If you could sack one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Being that I never accomplished a sack in my college career and that’s my biggest regret. I don’t care who I sack I just want to make plays and prove that I can be a pass rusher, not just a run stopper.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in De’Asian Richardson, what would they be?
- Humble Determined & Intelligent.