- Name: Randen Plattner
- Position: Long Snapper
- School: Kansas State University
- Height: 6’ 2.5”
- Weight: 240 lbs.
- Twitter: @randen_plattner
- Instagram: @randop101
– It was a great experience. Getting to meet people from different teams all around the country and swapping stories good and bad from our careers in college.
What do you think NFL teams feel is your best trait?
– I feel NFL teams think my consistency and frame are my best traits.
Who was your mentor growing up, and what made them a great mentor?
– My mentor growing up was my father. He was able to showcase a never give up work ethic through my childhood. Building a business from the ground up and holding another job to provide for our family was something I did not realize what was happening in the moment but now I realize I have learned a lot from his experience.
Who was the toughest player you had to face during the week of the Hula Bowl?
– N/A, long snapper so we did not have very much tough one on one matchups.
What is your favorite television show?
– The office. There is a lot of comfort in easy quotable jokes
What is your degree in?
– B.A. Mechanical Engineering and MBA
What is the craziest song in your playlist, that we would not expect?
– This is a tough one, probably, ‘Hey, Soul Sister’ by Train
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would that be?
– I would like to compare myself to James Winchester or Chris Stoll. I feel like I resonate with their style of play and snapping style.
What does your pre-game meal look like?
– Chicken breast with Alfredo and broccoli
Who is your favorite teacher of All-Time?
– Dr. Wanklyn was my Thermodynamics teacher my sophomore year in college. He helped me grow a lot as a person and especially as a student.
We believe in giving back, If you could give back to one amazing charity or foundation what would it be?
– Through NIL, I was able to sell shirts and give 35% of all I made back to multiple charities. Those include K9 for warriors, St Luke’s research, Down Syndrome Innovations, and more.
What is your favorite color?
– Purple is my favorite color, go cats.
What is your dream job after football?
– Dream job after football is to use my engineering and management degrees to help bring people together for a greater cause.