You have to wonder why the NFL players contracts are not much higher. I say that because the TV ratings for Christmas Day were released and the NFL absolutely smoked the NBA again in TV Ratings.
The NFL has become the biggest powerhouse in sports, and the players have the smallest contracts of any sport. It is really crazy to think the NFLPA will continue to work with minimal contracts for their players. With the NFL now competing with the NIL money in college, I wonder how much longer it will be before the NFL has to fix their salary cap and players start making a lot more money.
Here are the TV ratings for the NFL versus the NBA on Christmas. The highest game in the NBA was the Lakers/Celtics and that was five times less than the worst football game on Christmas. Check it out for yourself!
Here are the ratings for the NFL:
- Chiefs-Raiders, CBS: 31 million viewers.
- Giants-Eagles, Fox: 29 million
- Ravens-49ers, ABC: 28 million.
Here are the ratings for the NBA:
- Knicks-Bucks, ESPN: 2.5 million
- Warriors-Nuggets, ESPN/ABC: 4.1 million
- Lakers-Celtics ESPN/ABC: 5 million
- Heat-Sixers, ESPN: 1.3 million
- Mavs-Suns, ESPN: 1.5 million.