- Name: Kaylyn St-Cyr
- Position: DB
- College: University of Montreal
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 195
- Twitter: k.s.stcyr
- Instagram: Kay_ss1
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2024 NFL Draft?
- My overall skill set at my position and my leadership. All the different elite and all-star teams that I’ve been selected in my career.
- Team QC
- Tournament defensive MVP at Canada Cup
- Team Canada
- D1 collegial all-star team 3x
- RSEQ All-star team 2x
- 2nd team All Canadian
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Ever since I was born, since my father played professional football.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- That I’m a hard worker and always give my 200% in everything I get involved.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Climate change
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- To always give it all you can and have no regrets.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mom for raising me alone and giving me the best life, I could ever ask and my dad for being a legendary football player.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Pierre-Gabriel Germain (Long snapper & LB)
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Someone who gives attitude for no reason.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- When injured my knee back in cegep and the doctors told me my season would be over, but I doubled down on my rehab and did everything religiously. I ended up coming back in the playoff the same season.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- At University of Montreal, it really represents the city of Montreal. One of the most multi-diverse places in the world. It is special for me because I have the chance and the opportunity to represent my home everywhere I go. I have a similar path as my dad, where he was also recruited to play everywhere across the US but decided to stay home and play for the University of Maryland. Meanwhile same thing happened to me, where I had the opportunity to go play everywhere in Canada, but I decided to stay home and play for my home university.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Candies and fruits
What is the best part of football?
- The brotherhood between teammates and feeling of going the war against another team,
If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
- I’m a physical and intelligent football player who is ready to give it all each rep like it was my last.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Tyrann Mathieu: not the biggest, not the fastest, but I will play my heart out every play just like him. I got the sense for big plays. I’m versatile so I can play many different positions.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Kobe Bryant: to learn from one of the greatest athletes every played and to collect even more from that Mamba Mentality
- Deion Sanders: For my opinion, the greatest CB ever played, I know I could learn a lot from him, his game and confidence.
- MLK: To learn a lot from is knowledge. and characteristic of is leadership. I admire his resilience through tough times and the way he was able to change the world.