- Name: Deshun Kitchings
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Newberry College
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 180
- Twitter: @shunnyboyy
- Instagram: @vbeshun
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- My elite speed with my route running ability plus my knowledge of the game.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Started playing little league when I was 6, I liked Defense then but I liked scoring touchdowns more so I moved to offense.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’ve been overlooked my whole life but every chance I got I made the best of it look it up, I have what it takes I just want the chance!
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Domestic violence against women.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Only You define what you can become not no one else.
Who was your childhood hero?
- Michael Vick
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Bobby Irby & Bryson Woodruff
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- People not moving accordingly when there is a task at hand.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My whole life I’ve been through adversity, but 2021 spring I had a serious shoulder injury which put me out for 6 months. Then during recovery process I tore my meniscus putting me out an additional 4 weeks so mentally I was very depressed and frustrated. Looking back at that time in my life it shows me the love I have for the game and if I couldn’t play I wouldn’t feel like myself.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Newberry College is in South Carolina my home state. It’s a small Division 2 school in a small town who residents show support to the school. You have to be there to know how just how special the school and town is.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Welch’s Fruit ‘n Yogurt snacks
What is the best part of football?
- The feeling you get from the fans when you make a great play happen.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Give me a objective and I’m going to get it done, I prepared myself for this
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I take stuff from everybody in the game so giving credit to one person wouldn’t be right.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My mother, my grandma & my sister