The first day of the NFL Scouting Combine has passed and now we are talking about the five biggest winners from the QB, TE, and WR group. I am going to put the five biggest winners in my opinion, they may not be your biggest winner but let us know on Twitter @DraftDiamonds who you feel was the top five biggest winners!
- Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE, Maryland – Okonkwo was a beast at the NFL Scouting Combine. Okonkwo blazed a 4.52 at 238 pounds. He was used quite a bit as as a fullback for the Terps. You can watch him catch a pass and take it quickly up the field. He has speed and is will to be great is going to help his stock. He finished the season with 52 receptions for 447 yards and five touchdowns as a senior.
- Malik Willis, QB, Liberty – Malik Willis was the most exciting quarterback at the 2022 NFL Draft. Kenny Pickett’s 8 1/2 inch hands hurt him badly and Sam Howell was super inaccurate. Willis showed off his live arm and really looked great in his drills. Add in the fact he fed a homeless guy on the street, Willis’ stock is going up!
- Isaiah Weston, WR, Northern Iowa – Let’s talk about numbers here! The kid blazed a 4.42 forty, benched 20 reps of 225, had a 40 inch vert, finished with an 11’3 broad jump and caught the ball extremely well. At 6’3 1/2 and weighing 214 pounds that is super impressive. This kid is a natural athlete with big time play making ability. He was a member of the 2022 Hula Bowl, and NFLPA game. His stock is soaring right now! Weston finished the season with 37 receptions, 883 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati – Alec Pierce was more impressive than damn near every other player at the draft. He ran a 4.33 forty, led all WR’s with a 40.5 inch vertical, had a 10’9 broad jump, a 7.13 3 cone drill, and finished with a 4.28 20 yard shuttle. Pierce is trending upward. I think he could easily have his name called in Day 2. He looks like a star in the making.
- Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia – A 6’7 tight end who weighs 257 pounds tore it up at the Combine. He finished with a 4.61 forty which was second behind Chig Okonkwo and then finished first with 24 reps of 225. You want a big tight end that can block and run this is your guy. Woods had a huge year at UVA after transferring from Oklahoma State. How did they not know he was a weapon?