- Name: Ibn Foster
- Position: DL
- College: University at Albany
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 295 lbs.
- Twitter: @Ibn_Foster
- Instagram: @ibsito8
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- In 2019 we made it to the FCS playoffs. We won our first round game and then advanced to play Montana St in Montana. I never traveled that far for a football game.
What areas of your game are you looking to improve the most?
- My pass rush game. I feel as though I have more of my self to show in that area. I’m excited for the opportunity to show it.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Definitely Akiem Hicks. He’s a DT for the Bears . I feel as though our play styles are very similar and I could learn a lot from him and his experience.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Smart, funny, discipline, hardworking and humble.
What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
- I am a complete defensive lineman, I can stuff the run on 1st and 2nd and rush the passer on 3rd down.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- As a kid I really didn’t want to play football. I have 5 boy cousins who are all within 2 years of my age. My uncle put us all in football when I was 8. After the first couple days I fell in love and have been playing since.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- I believe the keys to success are having short term memory, aggression, and quick thinking abilities. Short term memory because you can’t dwell on negative plays. The game continues. Aggression because you need to assert your self in that field. Lasting being able to react quick, because football is a game of inches and seconds that you have to be able to win that make such a difference.
What should we know about Ibn Foster the person?
- I am a leader. People naturally gravitate and like me. I’m very laid back and chill . I’m humble and caring. I’m very dedicated and put my all into everything I do.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I’m very relaxed when it comes time to play, I’m not a tense, super serious guy on game day. I like to be focused but still enjoying myself and having fun.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- I am a complete player. I can do it all, play with technique, and reckless abandon. I also know when each is necessary to use. I am a powerful run stopper who also pressures the QB
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I handle them the exact same way. I put my head down and keep working. Things only get better if you work on them and make them better. No matter what good or bad you have to keep going because the whole doesn’t stop.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I’m looking to be able to get an opportunity at the next level and making a team and showing that I belong in the league.