- Name: DaMarcus Fields
- Position: DB
- College: Texas Tech University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Twitter: @FieldsToThePros
- Instagram: @FieldsToThePros23
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- It’s something I always did. I started playing football at 4 and football was special to me and my mom was playing football as well when I was growing up.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Sean Taylor, he was one of my favorite players growing up and I would loved to have been around and talk to him. Alive I would probably talk to Ed Reed for sure.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Adaptable, versatile, effort, hardworking and funny.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I definitely bring my passion out there, bring fun and build up my intensity out there and playing the game, hoping my my teammates feed off of each other.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- That I don’t just play one position, I’m versatile, I’m a dog and I have alot of production out there with interceptions, PBUs and forced fumbles.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Man, just because it makes it harder for the quarterback and everyone has an assigned job and it’s probably one of the best coverages, best on best.
What should we know about DaMarcus Fields the person?
- I’m just a very fun type of guy, fun to be around and I’m a hard worker. I love to hunt and fish as well outside.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I feel like I handle them one at a time and life throws things at you one thing at a time. You just have to handle it and work at it from different perspectives as well.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My teammates and being around my coaches. And the laughs. You always never forget the enjoyment of the pop warner days.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- You would get a guy all about the team, willing to play any position out there and just a guy that loves football.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- You got to know your teammates and everyone has to have the same come and go. Everyone on the team has to be accountable including yourself.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I want to be a part of a super bowl team. And in doing that achieve my goals of rookie of the year and being one of the top defensive backs in league.