- Name: Bryce Watts
- Position: DB
- College: University of Massachusetts
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 187 lbs
- Twitter: @BryceWatts2_6
- Instagram: @thebrycewatts
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- As a football player the ultimate goal is always to be the best at what I do and no matter who I’m in the room with the competitor in me will always make sure that I succeed at that.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- My 5 traits would be compassionate, friendly, hardworking, competitive, and confident.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- When I step on the field it’s all business. I like to play with controlled anger. I love creating and celebrating momentum plays.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- My favorite coverage is Man Press 100% because it gives me total responsibility for a guy who I get to put my hands on and run stride for stride with.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- What sets me apart is I’m very feisty and play with an attitude. My speed too.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- The keys to success is being able to back your talk up consistently, having great practices/film study, and rest.
What should we know about Bryce Watts the person?
- I’m a really down to earth guy that loves video games (COD) in my down time.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Whenever I go through a trial whether it’s on the field or off the field I always turn to prayer which gives me my strength and a sense of peace.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moment from football had to be my first interception when I played at Virginia Tech. We were playing Marshall and the atmosphere was so high! It felt like a playoff game because it was a must win in order to make a bowl game.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team is getting a very hard worker who loves competition and doesn’t shy away from it. A player that loves the attention that comes along with playing on a island.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- If I could hang out with 1 player it would be Jaire Alexander. His style of play is on point and off the field he seems to be a vibe.
What do you love about the game of football?
- What I love about football is having the ability to create a INT/PBU and hearing the crowd disappointed. I love winning/celebrating with my team!